Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Syncman
Syncman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Ist gen Fire wont charge

Contacted Amazon, lady said try different chargers, with no result. No orange or green light. That seems to be their only test. She then offered to sell me one at great discount. REFURBISHED. I asked about getting mine repaired she said no, they dont repair only re-furbish. Whats the diff I asked. She informed me that re-furbishing was the only way for them to offer superior products. After this BS I said I would probably go the Apple or Google route. Luckily I found the charge problem thread on this forum and Fire is charging fine as we speak. Thanks MOBILE READ.
Syncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
The micro-usb jack is surface soldered, poorly, to the board. This is a common flaw on the first-gen fire and pops up right around the end of your warranty. The repair appears fairly simple, if you have some skill with a soldering iron. There are several videos on YouTube that show how it is done. Any place that does cell phone repair should be able to do the job, but the cost may be prohibitive.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert