Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Touch
Using KT as second monitor for computer ( just for terminal)

Step 1. From KT run xterm, then run tmux:
Code:
tmux -S /tmp/pair
chmod +x /tmp/pair
Step 2. From computer, ssh to kt ( I use Putty) then type:
Code:
tmux -S /tmp/pair attach
After the two steps above we can use computer's keyboard instead of Xterm keyboard to do smt (such as learn linux with kindle screen).
Step 3. From putty ssh to computer.
Step 4. Finish. Type command and see result on KT and Putty together.

Get Xterm and Tmux from here.
Thanks baf for his xterm. It's souce of my ideas.

Have fun!

Note: Here is xterm full screen (without board) ( by baf)

Last edited by ppoo; 09-17-2012 at 08:50 AM.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Gianni
Gianni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch jb
Thanks, I'm interested in using vim with a kindle display, so now I guess that I'll try to install vim to kindle :-)
Gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Touch
TODO:
-Run Tmux after run Xterm.
-Add to Luncher.
-Move Change Font size to Main Menu.

Last edited by ppoo; 09-17-2012 at 08:56 AM.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote