Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
A not too useful news flash on this topic:
http://minimodding.com/article8-Fake-K3-News-Item

The message below the header means you have to be logged in to read the body of the News Release.
Aww... I though I was going to see a news article about a fake K3.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-12-2012 at 09:34 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Numbers! Shiny numbers! Higher is always better, isn't it?
This is eternally true.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Just to make it clear for me ..., I am on 3.4 and want to go back to 3.3.
Do I have to go the "long way" via 3.0.2 or is it possible to "simply" flash a 3.3 from here?:
http://pastebin.com/Wdw4L7yT

I have NO own backup.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #19
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The extra time is minimal. 20 mins tops. might as well

The total process is hours long in comparison
Old 10-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #20
bruce1203
bruce1203 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
my kindle 3.4 downgrade to 3.3,programming and downloading is ok,but it don`t restart

my kindle 3.4 downgrade to 3.3,programming and downloading are ok,but it can`t restart.i used ATK to do that,then power button is out of work.I have recharged it 8 hours,but nothing is changed.how can I do?
bruce1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #21
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1203 View Post
my kindle 3.4 downgrade to 3.3,programming and downloading are ok,but it can`t restart.i used ATK to do that,then power button is out of work.I have recharged it 8 hours,but nothing is changed.how can I do?
I would go to 3.0.x and then up to 3.3 as indicated in the post above yours.

HTH
Old 10-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #22
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1203 View Post
Well, what does it do? Any screen changes, LED flashes? Any devices listed on the host machine when connected via USB?
Chances are you made a mistake during flashing (e.g. wrong offset, wrong image etc.) or the battery wore out...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #23
chronosxiii
chronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3
when running it i only get this msg; "I: found suitable device" nothing else? any advice?
chronosxiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosxiii View Post
when running it i only get this msg; "I: found suitable device" nothing else? any advice?
Yeah, take a break:
Spoiler:

That one will make your fingers bleed!

Last edited by knc1; 02-16-2013 at 06:25 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #25
twobob

me@dev /usr/local/src/k3flasher $ sudo ./k3flasher ./mx35to2_mmc.bin info
Quote:
I: found suitable device
E: wrong transfer length, wanted to receive 8 bytes but received 4 bytes.
I: above error can be ignored, it's due to the device being in ROM kernel mode
I: RAM kernel should be running now. Trying to re-open device: .
I: got it.
I: read info
I: got size 1048576 (probably wrong)
I: downloading 0x00000200 (=512) bytes, starting at 0x00040c00
I: DO NOT MAKE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PUBLIC!
I: if you need to discuss it in public, obfuscate
I: e.g. the second half of the numbers.
I: got device serial number <B00WIBBLYWOBBLY>
I: got device Wifi MAC <29FFXXXFF999>
Tried to replicate your failure.

Could not get it to happen.

Is the device actually broken?
???
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The problem at this point is probably a discharged battery.
Or a battery with such low capacity that it can't power the Kindle during this process.
The internal (SoC) code will refuse to run the processor without a good power source.

There are posts (on here somewhere) on how to power the K3 from an external battery.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The problem at this point is probably a discharged battery.
Or a battery with such low capacity that it can't power the Kindle during this process.
The internal (SoC) code will refuse to run the processor without a good power source.

There are posts (on here somewhere) on how to power the K3 from an external battery.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=584
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
chronosxiii
chronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolate

ty for the reply, i am not sure i'll be able to achieve this as I don't have all this material + expertise
Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #29
twobob

Sorry to hear that.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #30
chronosxiii

Quote:
./k3flasher: symbol lookup error: ./k3flasher: undefined symbol: libusb_error_name
Just realised one last thing: Is this error due to me doing something bad or is it because the battery is dead

Tags
howto, k3flasher, kernel, kindle3, recovery