Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kindlet Jailbreak

Hello, I'd like to apply the font hack to my Kindle Touch 5.1

I thought I had completed the Jailbreak but it now tells me I must install the Kindlet jailbreak (from kindlet-jailbreak-*.zip)

Are there 2 types of Jailbreak? Where can I find this Kindlet Jailbreak?

Thanks
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
At the same URL where you got font hack from.

And yes, there are two "kinds" of jailbreak.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hey, thanks for the reply, I installed the using the "Universal Jailbreak" method from here:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak

...completing the steps 1 - 11, however I'm not sure what the next step is, there doesn't seem to be any mention on that page of a "Kindlet Jailbreak".
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... just install according to the instructions in the font hack thread. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...38#post1962538

Everything is linked from there, and either explained right in the post, or in linked posts, or in README files you download.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #5
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
ixtab, you are correct but expecting more observational acuity from us noobs than is really likely.

ROUTE66, What he (IXTAB) is saying is that on the same url where you download the fonthack program, is also the kindlet jailbreak program and the developer certs. You just have to keep going back to it.

Took me quite a while to realize that.

Last edited by pwright2; 06-01-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Ambiguity of address
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
What are the advantages of jailbreaking a kindle?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Well, among other things, it gives you something to talk about here. Theoretically it should open some new capabilities, I originally did it to get screen rotation on ,my KT. YMMV
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
What are the advantages of jailbreaking a kindle?
The advantage is that you have full control over your device, and can do pretty nifty things with it (see the developers corner).

The disadvantage (or the other advantage, if you agree to that definition) is that you have full control over the device, which makes it much easier to shoot yourself in the foot.