Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
OBoyle
Sr. Reader, Jr. Member
OBoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS-650
Spanish?

My wife would like to read novels in Spanish. We have not had a lot of luck finding e-books in Spanish. I'd like to know of anyone on the forum has any thoughts on where I might be able to acquire Spanish translations of United States best-sellers in e-book form. There must be a source for this somewhere in Spain, I just have no idea where to look.

Thanks.

JLOB
OBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm afraid you're out of luck. Spanish e-book industry is beginning, at its best. There's almost no book, sorry. The best place you can find is www.libranda.com
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I read an article yesterday about how Barnes and Noble now has ebooks in Spanish:

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...ks-en-espanol/
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
multilingualbooks.com has a Spanish section, too.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Yup! You even have a choice. Pick yer poison.

Amazon has had a fair amount for a while:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...oks+in+spanish

And Barnes and Noble just opened up a dedicate section:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks....asp?PID=28507

People tend to forget the US has the second-largest population of spanish speakers on the planet. :-)
There's actually more spanish speakers in the US than Spain.
(Especially since they don't "really" speak spanish in Spain, but rather Castillian. )
Juuussst Kid-ding!!

Last edited by fjtorres; 11-22-2010 at 05:13 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
You can try Gandhi from Mexico (http://gandhi.publidisa.com/index.aspx). I don't know if it has geo-restrictions or not.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, I tend to forget it because:
  1. I don't use to buy books in Spanish out of Spain
  2. I bought once a book in "Spanish" translated in USA. Sorry, the words were Spanish but grammar and dialogs no. In Spanish you don't "mark" the dialogs with quotes as in English, and that book did it, so that kind of book is a no,no,no for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 AM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Out of curiosity, does anybody know how the different dialog marking schemes evolved?

The US uniformly uses double quotes (regardless of language), I've seen single quotes on british etexts, and Spain and latinamerica favor em-dashes. Wouldn't be surprised to see alternate conventions in other regions.

And, yes, it can be jarring to run into books marked with a different convention than you're used to. I find it so, too. Doesn't stop me from reading them but it does slow me down a bit.

I supposed the differences will probably will be used by publishers as yet another excuse for georestrictions and protectionism, I suppose.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
paques82
paques82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
My wife would like to read novels in Spanish. We have not had a lot of luck finding e-books in Spanish. I'd like to know of anyone on the forum has any thoughts on where I might be able to acquire Spanish translations of United States best-sellers in e-book form. There must be a source for this somewhere in Spain, I just have no idea where to look.

Thanks.

JLOB
You may find a lot of books in spanish on the following address
www.lacasadellibro.es
All of them in the epub format
paques82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #10
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hello

And do not forget the free (classic ones) in Project Gutenberg (Spanish is one of the languages with more then 50 books on it’s catalog): http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/es

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
fnac spain has also an ebook shop:

http://ebooks.fnac.es
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #12
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
http://www.ebooks-marginalia.com

http://www.argentinawarez.com
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote