Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
helebor
helebor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Unhappy Clearing library without deleting files

Foolishly, I chose to let Calibre 7.1 scoop up my entire My Documents folder. Now I have thousands of docs, pictures and yada yada yada appearing in Calibre's interface that I don't want there!

How could I go about totally clearing the database that is making the association between a file and a library (bookshelf) entry so I can start anew? It seems the "Remove book[s]" options will remove the physical files - and I don't want that, either!

Thanks in advance.
helebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
helebor

SOLVED (Duh!)

Renamed the library master folder and created a new, empty one. You can all go back to your eBooks now, thanks!
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by helebor View Post
How could I go about totally clearing the database that is making the association between a file and a library (bookshelf) entry so I can start anew? It seems the "Remove book[s]" options will remove the physical files - and I don't want that, either!
I know you solved this, but it seems you might've misunderstood just what Calibre does: When you add a book, it creates it's own copy in the folder you designated for the library. The original files you imported are untouched and not linked to Calibre in any way. Thus, if something like this happens, you can just delete the books from the library, Calibre will then proceed to delete it's copies of the files from the library folder, everything else will be left untouched.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
helebor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I know you solved this, but it seems you might've misunderstood just what Calibre does: ...
Ah, yes! It's been a while since I did this thing and just now came around to trying to fix it. I searched around everywhere within Documents and Settings looking for the Calibre library, not finding it, of course! Because I had placed it in the root of the C drive...if it were a dog, it would have bitten me.