Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #31
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hmmm...

I just tried it on my 300, and it works fine. So now we have the fun of trying to figure out what is going on for you.

First, I am not happy about seeing the message
Removing playlist id: 420 Purchased
twice in the log file. That implies that something went wrong with writing the media.xml file the first time around. Are you able to send books to the device and have them show up? Does the update timestamp on the file database/cache/media.xml make sense?

Putting the above aside (with some trepidation), lets start with the basics:

1: #disporder is actually a series column, not a composite column?
2: You have data in the #disporder column? If it is a custom series column, it should appear in the tag browser (left hand side), and you should be able to select values to search for them.
3: You should be able to sort by that column.

If all of the above is true, then we will need to go to step 2. I am not sure what that step is.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #32
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
When I created it, I used the option of Text column for keeping series-like information. Should I have used the Text, column shown in the Tag Browser?

This could be the reason.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
When I created it, I used the option of Text column for keeping series-like information. Should I have used the Text, column shown in the Tag Browser?
If you created a series-like column, then that column should appear in the tag browser. Does it? If so, does it show the values when you open it by clicking the triangle?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #34
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, i just tried to make another column using the Text, column shown in the Tab Browser, and it doesn't offer the option of an index number like the Series do.

OK< Doh, yes, Disporder (the original one) shows in the Tag Browser with the data.

And yes, I can sort by that column.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #35
Pinecone
Guru

What triangle?

It shows up under the picture of the cover of the selected book, with the data.

Liek this = Disporder: SciFi(4)
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #36
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

When you connect the 650, to the right books in the library (the ones with a value in the disporder column) get a green checkmark indicating that the book is on the device?

Regarding the triangle: you are looking at the book info screen, not the tag browser. The tag browser shows all the categories for books, including authors, series, publishers, tags, and all the custom columns. Each category will have a triangle next to it that 'opens' and 'closes' that category. The tag browser itself is opened and closed using the luggage tag button that (for me) is at the bottom right of calibre's display.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #37
Pinecone
Guru

Yes, the show up as being in the library.

Yes, you DID say LEFT.

Yes, the Disporder shows up, with the various data with numbers of books for each "tag".

Last edited by Pinecone; 12-26-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

OK, we are now left with the conundrum that calibre is seeing the column, there is data in the column, the sony driver is seeing the column, but the data is not being used to build a collection. I cannot say why this is happening.

One last check to make before we start doing difficult things. Please resend a book (or two) that has something in the disporder column to your 650, and see if the collection appears for those books. Even better would be to delete the books first, disconnect the reader, check that the books are really gone, then reconnect and send.

Another possibility is that something has gone wrong with the metadata.calibre file, and it is not being updated. This can be tested by deleting the file, as long as you are using automatic management. Lets look at that after send books test.

And on my system, the tag browser is on the left.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #39
Pinecone
Guru

The Tag Browser is on the left on my machine also. But I was looking at the RIGHT side of the display.

OK, early on, I had Removed all the books from the 650 and then resent them to it. Still no Disporder Collections.

So just to make sure, I did it again, Removed the books, checked to make sure they were gone, and then resent them to the 650. No Disporder collections.

Last edited by Pinecone; 12-26-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #40
Pinecone
Guru

BTW I did look and the metadata.calibre file seems to have been updated, at least according to the file data.

But being the impatient type, I deleted the file, Ejected the 650, unplugged and then reconencted it. It rewrote the file, but still no collections by Disporder
Old 12-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #41
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
But being the impatient type, I deleted the file, Ejected the 650, unplugged and then reconencted it. It rewrote the file, but still no collections by Disporder
Could you zip up and send me the filed metadata.calibre and database/cache/media.xml? With those I can see the data that calibre is working with. You can post them here, but as they might contain private information (e.g., all your book names), you might prefer emailing them to calbugs at charles dot haleys dot org.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #42
Pinecone
Guru

Files are on the way via email.

THANKS.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #43
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The problem is that the key for that column is spelled #diisporder (two 'i's). Having two such narrow letters together is hard to see.

Either change the value in device customization to have two 'i's or, probably preferable, change the value in the custom column setup to have only one 'i'.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #44
Pinecone
Guru

THANKS.

At least it is something simple. And stupid.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #45
Pinecone
Guru

SUCCESS.

Thanks.

Donation on the way.