Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
shilpa
shilpa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Not saving large files - crashing

Hi,

I have some very large books with I have converted from pdf to epub in calibre. I have the 0.1.1 version of sigil and when i try to save the file after editing the file it does save it just hangs. I only happens with big files. files that have 300-400 pages are ok. But i have some books which have over 3000 pages. When i open the file it is bit slow but it opens and i can edit at normal speed too. But when it comes to saving it or opening the toc editor it crashes??? Can sigil not handle large files or is there something i am doing wrong? I use windows xp, have 1gb ram, 2.8ghz intel pentium processor.
shilpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa View Post
Can sigil not handle large files or is there something i am doing wrong?
You will have to create an issue on the issue tracker and attach the file. Sigil should be more than able to handle large files.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
shilpa

Ok. How do I create an issue on the issue tracker? Is the issue tracker on the site where i downloaded sigil?
Thanks for your help.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Ok. How do I create an issue on the issue tracker? Is the issue tracker on the site where i downloaded sigil?
Thanks for your help.
Go here. In the top left corner is a "New issue" link.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
I use windows xp, have 1gb ram[...]
When I had those specs, I was having frequent problems with very little memory left for programs - maybe it is the problem in this case as well?
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 AM   #6
shilpa

When I had those specs, I was having frequent problems with very little memory left for programs - maybe it is the problem in this case as well?

I have laptop with different spec. I guess i can try it on there. But i dont really see how that would make a difference. Also the lap top has less memory than my pc.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
if it is a problem with memory, you could try to see if it helps to close all other programs while you are running sigil, and see whether that makes a difference.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I handled a 4,3 Mb ePub on my Acer Aspire One just fine (well it took Sigil a while to load and save) This book has more than 1000 pages.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I tested it with my almost 8MB "Barchester Chronicles" file and it handled that fine, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
shilpa

I handled a 4,3 Mb ePub on my Acer Aspire One just fine (well it took Sigil a while to load and save) This book has more than 1000 pages.

mtravellerh,

How long did it take for you to save the file? When i do it i leave it for more that 20 min and still nothing. Perhaps its my file?

I still need to create a new issue tracker not had time. will do it this weekend.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like an issue with your file, shilpa. My almost 8MB file saves in a few seconds.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote