Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #1021
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@eschwartz: Mystery solved! ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #1022
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@eschwartz: Mystery solved! ;p.

And cool stuff learned!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #1023
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Do it support PW2 FW 5.4.3? Still gray in "update your kindle".

By the way, what is the "gray installer" function in KUAL - Helper extension??
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #1024
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Divion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Don't try to force a custom update by rebooting your Kindle. You should *always* install custom hacks via the Settings page. If the 'Update Your Kindle' link is greyed out, it's because you uploaded the wrong binfile for your device.
Alternatively, on FW 5.3/5.4, there's a known [to us, at least ;P] (upstream) issue, where the updater watchdog sometimes badly fails to do its job (and then potentially crashes). Clear the USB root of .bin files, restart your device and try again.

The KUAL button is useful if you push the .bin file through any other means than USBMS (usually, SSH). It doesn't help with the issue previously mentioned, though.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-02-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #1025
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divion View Post
Do it support PW2 FW 5.4.3? Still gray in "update your kindle".

By the way, what is the "gray installer" function in KUAL - Helper extension??
What are the first four characters of the serial number?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #1026
Divion
Enthusiast

I already remove SO. I have a kindle international version. I installed it at 5.4.2.1 FW. But it did not work because of SO. Now, i removed SO, but cant install sshack

Last edited by Divion; 04-02-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #1027
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Divion: You'll notice that no one mentioned the SO, because they have nothing to do with the particular issue you were talking about.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #1028
Divion
Enthusiast

@NiLuJe

Sorry, my mind is twisted. So, i told what i do. Sorry.
Now i do restart my device and going to install it again.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #1029
Divion
Enthusiast

After doing somethings, it goes to unknow mode. PW2 do not back to normal and it enter to system diags. How to exit diags? I dont know how.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #1030
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Updated the packages (Python 0.10.N, ScreenSavers 0.17.N), mostly to catch up with the snapshots. A couple of minor improvements/fixes for the ScreenSavers hack.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 AM   #1031
lordloki
lordloki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite (2013)
Apologies if this has been asked and answered.

Just got a new kindle paperwhite (2013) (PW2).

Jailbroke it, attempted to get python installed (PW2) (failed)
attempted to install the linkss update (PW2) (succeeded)
attempted to install the python update (PW2) (succeeded)

So far, so good (at least, I think).

However, when I go to place a blank file called "cover" in the linkss directory, and then restart my kindle, nothing changes, and in any event, unlike when I did this for my kindle 3rd gen (wifi), I don't get a success -- you have installed the screen hack screen.

If it matters, I bought the device at BestBuy (which unfortunately only allows the "special offers" bit.) I then went to Amazon, as instructed by bestbuy, and paid the $20 to remove the special offers. restarted the device, got the removed message successfully.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or am I screwed because I bought one that was originally a "special offers" variety? I can probably return the thing and repurchase from amazon, but it is a hassle I would like to avoid.

Thanks in advance for any help!! (and sorry again if it has been asked and answered - I am having a hard time searching the previous posts, being new to this forum).

Best

--lordloki
lordloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #1032
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordloki View Post
Thanks in advance for any help!! (and sorry again if it has been asked and answered - I am having a hard time searching the previous posts, being new to this forum).

Best

--lordloki
Have you opened a book and kept it open long enough for the cover to be generated?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #1033
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordloki View Post
Jailbroke it, attempted to get python installed (PW2) (failed)
More details. What happened?

Also, what *do* you see currently when the Kindle's asleep?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #1034
DropDeadAlex
DropDeadAlex began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, PW3
ScreenSaver Increments

Hey dude,

I've really appreciate you ScreenSaver hack. Perhaps I've been thinking in an new mode, an mix of COVER and the RANDOM custom screensaver. It's cause I've liked the 2 modes a lot.

It could operate by the follow way: once you're in a book, and it's turns into a screensaver mod, is showed the book cover; once you're in the home screen, or in any other place (like internet, settings), when it's go to screensaver mod, is showed the custom images defined by the user.

What you think about it? Reply saying if it is possible.
DropDeadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #1035
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Technically feasible, annoying to implement. (This has came up before, IIRC, and the fact that it's still not implemented should tell you how much I like the idea... ;D).

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch