Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #1306
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongoat View Post
Duokan's new version is about to release on this Friday, which includes the function of words book similar to the one existing in the latest KPW2 now. In addition, it said that it has modified the announcement of copy right in response to the opinions of you guys here. Though it might not be a radical change (as to open the original code), still I think it is a positive step forward to confront the real challenges which we both encounter.
nice to know
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #1307
wkk99
wkk99 will become famous soon enoughwkk99 will become famous soon enoughwkk99 will become famous soon enoughwkk99 will become famous soon enoughwkk99 will become famous soon enoughwkk99 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 4
Edit: solved, problem was "fast page turn" setting was on. From earlier in the thread:

"That's the point of FAST page change, no antialiasing faster change."

Original problem:

The font rendering of epubs on my Kindle 4 (D01100 British model, serial B00E) with the latest (2013-11-15) Duokan is very blocky. There is no anti-aliasing happening. It seems to be fine on pdfs but not epubs. It doesn't matter which font I use, they're all blocky.

I've got the settings to

Font style: traditional
Font rendering: smooth

...but I've tried other combinations of settings and nothing seems to make a difference. Rebooting also doesn't help.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this? Not having much luck with google unfortunately.

TIA for any help!

Last edited by wkk99; 11-17-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: fixed it myself!
wkk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #1308
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Romanian and others translations

For the fans of the long awaited Romanian translation for Duokan: here it is!
Attached is Romanian translation for Duokan 2013 R4.6

For those who want to translate it to their own language, I have also attached the zip file with an excel 2010 file.
You can translate it to your own language any time now.

How to make translation process somehow easier:
Spoiler:
1. In Indesign, paste the text in EN, create a table (Table/Create Table from text, and as column separator write the "=" sign)
2. Second column paste into Google Translate, the translated text paste back to excell in the RO column, replacing all but the RO cell. RO cell rename to you language, just for usability.
3. Review translated text and be sure all lines are in the right place, according to first column
4. Copy first column, and the one with translation into a new excel file, excepting the names of the columns
5. Select both columns and paste into indesign file as text
6. Select all text and transform back into table, this time having TAB as separator for columns
7. Select this new table and convert again into text (Table/Convert Table to text), having as separator the "=" for columns. This will create a text, putting back the = sign where it belongs, as in the original ENG file
8. Copy all text and paste into Notepad, save as TXT.
9. Give a name to TXT, as you lang is, and copy it to XX:\DK_System\xKindle\res\language
10. Enjoy!

NB: Maybe there is another method for filtering all the text after the = sign in the translation file, then put it back, without using Indesign?
Please name it in the comments! Thanks!

PS: Remember only that it only accepts Latin 1 signs (eng, fr, sp, pt, de)
The East Europe/Cyrillic characters will not be shown, because of the faulty/primitive chinese font set.

PSS: Maybe if more East Europe will ask them on forum/email, they will change the system font to be universal Unicode for all languages in a year or two, maybe faster. So act now!
Attached Files
File Type: zip trad ro.zip (55.3 KB, 590 views)
File Type: txt Romanian R4.6.txt (44.1 KB, 256 views)

Last edited by rorogio; 11-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #1309
bookzLove
bookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW1
I'm hooked on duokan !

hi Ftp host is asking for user name. & password, where do I get this information?

Last edited by bookzLove; 11-20-2013 at 08:42 AM.
bookzLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #1310
lubab
lubab began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
This is a Launchpad loader for Duokan2012: Attachment 80765

to use it, just unzip it to your launchpad folder and restart the launchpad with [Shift Shift Space]

to launch Dk'12: press [^D W]
to return to KindleOS: first [alt+sym>"switch to Kindle"] then [^D X]
Hi
I installed dukan2012 but I cant do what mentionedabove
what does launchpad folder mean?
and how can I know If dukan has installed already on my device?
I have kindle3 keyboard

Thank you
lubab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #1311
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubab View Post
Hi
I installed dukan2012 but I cant do what mentionedabove
what does launchpad folder mean?
and how can I know If dukan has installed already on my device?
I have kindle3 keyboard

Thank you
Why do you use Duokan 2012 instead of DUokan 2013?

Launchpad hack is a hack to use shortcuts to execute commands. see this page.

if you have duokan on your Kindle you should notice it when your Kindle restarts. (menu>settings>menu>restart)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #1312
lubab

Quote:
Why do you use Duokan 2012 instead of DUokan 2013?

Launchpad hack is a hack to use shortcuts to execute commands. see this page.

if you have duokan on your Kindle you should notice it when your Kindle restarts. (menu>settings>menu>restart)
Yeeeeees its doing well..thank u very much thomass
how can i add my own dictionary??
Old 11-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #1313
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
how can i add my own dictionary??
included in the first post
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:28 AM   #1314
lubab

Quote:
included in the first post
Sorry thomass
I copied 3 files idx,ifo,dic in the same sources which
menitioned in the first post..but didnt appear
and i did reboot ..also i put it all in one file also with out.
So plz how can i install it??
Thank u
Old 11-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #1315
severus
severus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
How to make translation process somehow easier:
2. Second column paste into Google Translate

Dear rorogio, what to translate that into Romanian done: I'm sure you replace the words in the text with words from one language to another language that Google can not be called translation. I am writing this message to you just by translating Internet. This August unless you agree?

Just to help you understand the message, here's your Romanian message:
Draga rorogio, ce să fie transpuse în română făcut: Sunt sigur că cuvintele de text de înlocuire de la unul de cuvinte în limba de la o altă limbă de googla motor nu poate fi numit de traducere. I-am scris acest mesaj pentru a vă doar prin traducerea Internet. În acest august dacă nu sunteți de acord?

And if you don't speak Romanian, here's in English:

Dear rorogio, which are translated into Romanian done: I'm sure the replacement text words from one language to words from another language can not be called Googl motor translation. I am writing this letter to you just by translating Internet. In this August if you do not agree?
severus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #1316
Sajjad76
Banned
Sajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1th generation
Duokan Reflow Problem

Hi,
I have kindle paperwhite with latest version of Duokan.
When i reflow this PDf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/6tokmj.../Untitled1.pdf
in it some, letters are show incorrectly.Mixed with other letters.
I have also seen this problem in other PDFs too.
Any one experienced this issue with PDFs ?
Sajjad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #1317
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by severus View Post

by your answer I see that you are a tipical Romanian too, that instead of helping, only knows to laugh at others' flaws

it is OK, because I get such reaction from Romanians every day, but please! be more constructive, and upload your BETTER version!
everyone would be just happy... or what?... mmmm... afraid that other Romanians will laught at your work? Do not be afraid, actually nobody cares, so pls make it better!
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #1318
severus
severus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
rorogio,
Spoiler:
However, I cannot join you in your naive concept of how translation is actually done (certainly not by google because translation of texts was done hundreds of years before google existed...). I merely pointed out your lack of vision in sharing that naive view with a community: google is not the ultimate solution and mindless copying of solutions provided by machine aided solutions kills creativity. The purpose of exposing that view was to help improve this attitude not generate pleas for doing something for you. As for "nobody cares", ask yourself whetjer you care? If not for a better world then at least for better translation of texts? We could perhaps continue this "conversation" if you at least indicated your interrest in answering this question: what if we made a change in ourselves before hoping to change the world? You wnat my input? Here goes: find a real live translator to help you bring your initiative to a success level.

My humble apologies to administrators for initiating this exchange.

Last edited by severus; 11-23-2013 at 10:32 AM.
severus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #1319
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by severus View Post
rorogio, However, I cannot join you in your naive concept of how translation is actually done (certainly not by google because translation of texts was done hundreds of years before google existed...). I merely pointed out your lack of vision in sharing that naive view with a community: google is not the ultimate solution and mindless copying of solutions provided by machine aided solutions kills creativity. The purpose of exposing that view was to help improve this attitude not generate pleas for doing something for you. As for "nobody cares", ask yourself whetjer you care? If not for a better world then at least for better translation of texts? We could perhaps continue this "conversation" if you at least indicated your interrest in answering this question: what if we made a change in ourselves before hoping to change the world? You wnat my input? Here goes: find a real live translator to help you bring your initiative to a success level.
My humble apologies to administrators for initiating this exchange.
What the hell is your problem?

rorogio dedicated his spare time to create a translation, and published it for everybody to use. Maybe it's not perfect, I can't judge, I don't know any romanian. But it's certainly better than nothing at all.

Your attitude however is seriously irritating. You get something for free. Instead of enjoying it - and possibly contributing some of your time to make it better - you have nothing better to do than to post destructive criticism.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #1320
lubab

Unhappy

Quote:
Sorry thomass
I copied 3 files idx,ifo,dic in the same sources which
menitioned in the first post..but didnt appear
and i did reboot ..also i put it all in one file also with out.
So plz how can i install it??
Thank u
plz any help

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf