Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
DroidUser
DroidUser began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I was thinking about making these cards on my own. To be honest it's simple if you know how to burn images, partition, and etc. However, if your not tech savy, its worth the money. Plus, anytime I have questions, they are quick to respond.
DroidUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #17
DroidUser
DroidUser began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
These cards are fairly easy to make at a fraction of the cost they are sold for. Instructions on how to make them are abound, just google for "nook tablet (or "color") cm7 sd card".

It worth learning to learn to make one's own card -- I have experienced instances where a misbehaving app corrupted the card's content in a way that triggers CM7 into spontaneous reboot during the boot up (thus preventing the Nook from ever completing the CM7 boot up) and the only practical course of action for repair is to burn another image.

I was thinking about making these cards on my own. To be honest it's simple if you know how to burn images, partition, and etc. However, if your not tech savy, its worth the money. Plus, anytime I have questions, they are quick to respond.
DroidUser is offline   Reply With Quote