Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
Why buy an untested product from an unknown company?
True, the product was untested but Onyx is not an "unknown company". They've been in the e-reader business for a couple of years, and based on the excellent quality of their 6" readers people expected the large readers also to be excellent. But in the end you're right: when you buy an untested product, you accept a certain risk.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
The whole situation is unfortunate. Onyx really did so well with the firmware of the 6" devices its really incredible that they have had so much trouble with the M90.

I actually havent had any returns and have had a couple emails from folks telling me how much they are enjoying theirs. But of course they wish it wasnt sucking the battery down so much etc.

But because of the issues I havent been able to sell any more since that first batch. Onyx hasnt offered any sort of help in the matter even with firmware upgrades which really is unlike them. They of course would like to sell M92s now and the new 6" with IR touch. And maybe those are taking up all of their resources.

But if you had seen the price on the invoice they sent me for 2 samples of the new 6" you would think nothing has gone wrong this year and they are a premium brands. that "wholesale" sample price was higher than I could possible charge retail for them by a good $70.

The i62 will be a really nice ereader I'm sure , a nice sequel to the original Boox, but I wont be able to sell it . The pricing pressure here in the states is just too great. The European importer and the Russian one will probably be the only places to buy them.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #18
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
On the Russian forum, people also complain about the price of the i62 over there. If Onyx does not reduce the price, I doubt the i62 will be a success anywhere in the world.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #19
thomas01155
Enthusiast
thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
I'm getting sick of the M91s freezing, Its just too much hassle to even turn on and use now.
thomas01155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #20
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
The whole situation is unfortunate. Onyx really did so well with the firmware of the 6" devices its really incredible that they have had so much trouble with the M90.

I actually havent had any returns and have had a couple emails from folks telling me how much they are enjoying theirs. But of course they wish it wasnt sucking the battery down so much etc.

But because of the issues I havent been able to sell any more since that first batch. Onyx hasnt offered any sort of help in the matter even with firmware upgrades which really is unlike them. They of course would like to sell M92s now and the new 6" with IR touch. And maybe those are taking up all of their resources.

But if you had seen the price on the invoice they sent me for 2 samples of the new 6" you would think nothing has gone wrong this year and they are a premium brands. that "wholesale" sample price was higher than I could possible charge retail for them by a good $70.

The i62 will be a really nice ereader I'm sure , a nice sequel to the original Boox, but I wont be able to sell it . The pricing pressure here in the states is just too great. The European importer and the Russian one will probably be the only places to buy them.
From my understanding, the m90 is nothing but a stretched version of the 60 series..... and I don't know why they ran into so many troubles developing a firmware.

The Onyx engineers kept assuring me that the hardware has nothing wrong on M90, but only firmware is a bit buggy....It smells fishy, from an engineer POV, if one firm upgrades one product so quickly, it's likely the design/hardware must be flawed beyond repair.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote