Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Hi from West Australia

Hi all,

Firstly, a big thank you to all the posters here who have already provided so much useful information in so many interesting threads.

I'm new to the fascinating world of ebook reading but in the last few weeks I've quickly built quite a collection of books. It's been very interesting to try out a few different methods of reading and explode a few of my pre-conceptions about the strengths and weakness of each one.

Looking forward to more reading and discussion here.

Cheers,

Chris
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Chris. Read an Ebook Week with all its special deals ends at midnight March 13. That's US Pacific time, though. In Australia you have until early evening on Sunday March 14 to stock up on freebies and other generous deals. Follow the link in my sig line below, for instance, to get ebooks on a pay-what-you-like (or nothing at all) basis. Several Australian authors there, and one recent release (Last Birds) an all-Australian story set in the Australian wilderness in the sixties. Happy reading. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Chris and welcome to MobileRead. I've had the pleasure of spending time in Perth, WA and it was very nice. Very friendly lot and the beer ain't half bad either.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Thanks very much for the welcome guys, and for the tip about Ebook Week. I'll have to check that out right away.

Cheers,

Chris
Old 03-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
ChrisC333
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
G'Day Chris and welcome to MobileRead. I've had the pleasure of spending time in Perth, WA and it was very nice. Very friendly lot and the beer ain't half bad either.
Glad to hear that you liked Perth, mate. I live in the hills outside the city. My memories of Virginia are a bit sketchy, but I do recall being impressed with the beauty of the place and the friendliness of the locals when I passed through. I lived and worked in the US for a while in the sixties and hitched coast to coast, so I went through quite a few states. I mostly worked in Maine, Connecticut and New Hampshire. Wonderful place for a young lad to visit and travel around.
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Chris, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	boxbk007.gif
Views:	225
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	48081 Chris, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #10
zeeshan_2011
zeeshan_2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello and welcome
zeeshan_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 AM   #11
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Hi Chris,

Welcome! And just a quick question, seeing that you are also in Australia: where do you prefer to get your e-books from? Do you use a range of sites or is there one that you prefer?

Thanks!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:30 AM   #12
zeeshan_2011
zeeshan_2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
tell me more about you dear.
zeeshan_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote