Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #16
Rajmahid
Enthusiast
Rajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
These books aren't yet proof-read; they're on my "to do" list.
I'm anxious to have you finish proofreading my fixes and anticipate your comments. I've already found a few errant quotes I missed...but you'll probably find them all after a more careful reading.
Rajmahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
Rajmahid
Enthusiast
Rajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with others

sorry for the inadvertent double post--

Last edited by Rajmahid; 02-14-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Rajmahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #18
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
These books aren't yet proof-read; they're on my "to do" list.

I might be wrong, of course, but I don't think that the problem with the smart punctuation conversion in Calibre has much to do with it (You know best yourself if the Chronicles of Barsetshire need another round of proofreading or not).

How/when/where do you define the indents, the blank characters at the beginning of a paragraph?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
How/when/where do you define the indents, the blank characters at the beginning of a paragraph?
All my books are created with BookDesigner, which uses 4 non-breaking spaces as an indent. This could easily be replaced by a "real" indent, if desired. The spaces work for me, so I haven't bothered.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #20
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
I'm just grateful to have Mapp and Lucia at all. The MR version (epub) is heaps better for me than the Gutenberg one, and I'm pretty picky. Even has pictures! And all in one book.
BTW have just bought the first series of the 80's BBC tv show, just great!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #21
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
4 non-breaking spaces as an indent.

Maybe these are the "culprits", perhaps Calibre sees them as "normal" characters and not as blank space.

Quote:
This could easily be replaced by a "real" indent, if desired.

I don't know how much time and work you would need for this, but if you please could replace the indents in one book and then check it in Calibre? At least we would then know if the non-breaking spaces cause the conversion problem or not. Thanks.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure. I don't use the "smart quote" feature of Calibre myself, but I'll upload a sample to the thread in the Calibre forum so that someone can try it.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Now uploaded:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=28

I suggest we carry on the discussion in the thread in the Calibre forum.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Fully proofed against a printed edition and reformatted. Added the short story, "Desirable Residences". Uploaded v6. I would now regard this as a finished work; if you find even the smallest problem with it, please let me know.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #25
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bless you and many many thanks! Very special series I can finally re-read with full confidence that you've tweaked it to perfection.
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote