Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
jans
jans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs 600
Can sony ebook library read material uploaded by Calibre

I would love only to use Calibre - love the tag system. But for my Research I need the note system on my Sony PRS600. So I would love to use calibre to handle my library and upload to the reader. Then use Sony ebook library to extract notes etc. BUT when I try to connect to the reader with ebook library I am told that the system lacks permission - Does anyone know what to do. I would hate to have to go back to sony´s library system - but I really need to be able to highlight, handwrite and type notes on what I read.
And by the way I have been through the first 25 pages of threads - Calibre and Sony FAQ - so if you can help I would apreciate it.
jan
jans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre and the SONY EBL interoperate just fine as long as you don't use them simultaneously, see the calibre FAQ for details on what simultaneously means.

As for your permissions error, it seems like a filesystem permissions issue, but you have to provide more details for us to help
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
jans

I dont, When I start up sony ebook library on my computer -in order to sync - including notes - it tells me that it does not have permission - ( to access the material on the reader) I uploaded to journals - Newsweek and Harpers from and with calibre. Those two i could see from my computer with sony software - the rest it did not have permission to. I whish all could be handled with Calibre - but understand that sync and notes are off in the future - too bad.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
jans

to answer your question, i have removed the usb from the computer, closed calibre - closed the reader.
started sony ebook library - and connected the reader and started it.
I will now remove sony ebook library - and reinstall and try again.
jan
Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
jans

when I restarted,it said the file had been removed, renamed or deleted - I have to okay it - then it shows that I have an error on my reader. I will try to solve my error on the reader with sony. and return.
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #6
jans

Hi it takes a while to get help from Sony - you see I live in Denmark -where Sony do not yet sell readers. I bought it on a trip to London - so I first spend the night with the US hotline - no help - then called London - and after talking to them and reconfiguring the reader - Calibre can upload - and sony can see it. So now I can upload my notes. Please - as sony apparently do not want to solve the note limit problem - please do - I do a lot of research, and grade a lot of papers and comment on things - I and I believe a lot of college and university educators - and students need it. And I for one would pay good money for such an apllication. Everything works
jan