Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 03:35 AM   #1
iain_benson
Connoisseur
iain_benson began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Bulk Metadata Download

When telling calibre to download metadata for a single book, it usually comes up with a list of options, and you choose which you think is best.

When doing a bulk fetch of metadata it decides itself which one is the best - how does it pick?

The reason I ask is because before I let it go through and fetch it for my whole collection I decided to do a dry run on just a couple of books, choosing the first two Jim Butcher books - Storm Front and Fool Moon.

Storm front appeared to have picked a reasonably sensible option, though it changes the title from just "Storm Front" to "Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1)"
Fool Moon, however, is a different story, for some reason it picked "Luna Llena / Fool Moon (The Dresden Files) (Spanish Edition)" and added an extra author (translator).

Any thoughts on why it picked that one, and how to get round it in a bulk fetch would be much appreciated.
iain_benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC it picks the entry with the longest description. If you have suggestions for a better algorithm, feel free
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert