Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
JayGlaze379
iRead
JayGlaze379 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
PRS-300 black color?

Good Afternoon,

I just stopped by a sony style store and asked them for a blue PRS-300. They rang up the purchase, and when I got back to the office I noticed the box says its black. The device itself looks blue'ish, but now I'm not sure. Did they give me the wrong color? I was under the impression the PRS-300 diddn't even come in black? Any input would be appreaciated.

-Jason
JayGlaze379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
boca
Connoisseur
boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGlaze379 View Post
Good Afternoon,

I just stopped by a sony style store and asked them for a blue PRS-300. They rang up the purchase, and when I got back to the office I noticed the box says its black. The device itself looks blue'ish, but now I'm not sure. Did they give me the wrong color? I was under the impression the PRS-300 diddn't even come in black? Any input would be appreaciated.

-Jason
Confused me as well... Mine is Black, or very, very deep blue.
The Sony site talks about it being Navy Blue.

You would think the marketing department could make up their mind!
boca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Mine is called black, but is clearly indigo (darkblue), the side is purple, while the backfront is darkpurple. Sounds weird but actually looks nice IMO.
Only thing really black is the provided very basic sleeve
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
weasty
Enthusiast
weasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle paper white, kobo mini, nook glo, iPad 3
I have the fushia one and it was listed as red on the box its definately pink and not red
weasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
JayGlaze379
iRead
JayGlaze379 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Well, after getting it home and putting it in the cover, you can definately tell its blue. It contrasts against the black cover, and I also looked at it against my cell phone. Its very wierd that sony is so unclear on the color of the units.
JayGlaze379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
The 300 is a very dark blue, and the plastic edge strip is a very dark purple. Looks more black than anything, like the "black" 505.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #7
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
The 300 is a very dark blue, and the plastic edge strip is a very dark purple. Looks more black than anything, like the "black" 505.
Strange, my edge strip is a very clear purple. There seem to be variations...
Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #8
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
So, can anyone post real-life photos of blue/black 300 from various angles?
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #9
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
So, can anyone post real-life photos of blue/black 300 from various angles?
Isn't this good enough?
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
Isn't this good enough?
Don't look "real-life" to me. Especially regarding the color. But thanks for the link anyway.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
That is definitely 'Sony Purple'. Don't you recall that for several years all of Sony's electronics had that purple plastic combined with gunmetal gray on the frame? Looks like they went back to 90's design.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Sony Style lists the 600 as available in black, red, and silver. The 300 is listed as available in navy blue, rose, and silver. I'm not sure I see where the confusion is, especially when you look at the pictures on Sony's website.

And here are the pictures:

Seems pretty clear what the colors are and what they look like when compared to each other. The 300 is obviously blue and pink, while the 600 is obviously black and red.
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
dura
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Don't look "real-life" to me. Especially regarding the color. But thanks for the link anyway.
looks exactly like mine, these pictures give a very good impression.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
Seventh Son
lurker

3D View in 3D tour on PRS-300 product page shows a very bright pink border on a blue/black model. So that's why I am wondering. And those pictures show more of dark purple.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
First, the 300 is not blue/black. It is blue. It is even listed as navy blue. Second, if you are seeing a very bright pink border on the blue PRS-300, then either your definition of bright pink is very, very different from mine, or your monitor is out of whack and needs to be color calibrated.
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote