Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Richard Herley's textfeed: e-serial in free emails

I am planning to offer my writing in serial form, via free daily emails or an RSS feed, whichever you prefer, so you’ll be able to receive the text on any device capable of connecting to the internet: mobile phone, iPod Touch, or whatever. The delivery of a story in episodes is an old and honourable tradition, and adds a certain sense of occasion which is lacking from a straight reading of the text. You might find it fun!

The first novel to be serialized will be The Penal Colony, basis of the movie No Escape, with Ray Liotta.

Full details and subscription links are on my blog.
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
I am planning to offer my writing in serial form, via free daily emails or an RSS feed, whichever you prefer, so you’ll be able to receive the text on any device capable of connecting to the internet: mobile phone, iPod Touch, or whatever. The delivery of a story in episodes is an old and honourable tradition, and adds a certain sense of occasion which is lacking from a straight reading of the text. You might find it fun!

The first novel to be serialized will be The Penal Colony, basis of the movie No Escape, with Ray Liotta.

Full details and subscription links are on my blog.
Richard, if you offer a full RSS feed, I can add your text to the "Serialized Novel" catalog entry on Stanza (iPhone). Kindle and Sony users can also use Feedbooks to turn such a RSS feed into something that works on their device.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Hadrien. That would be great.

At FeedBurner I opted for the full wax -- though as you know to your cost, I'm no guru.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Thank you, Hadrien. That would be great.

At FeedBurner I opted for the full wax -- though as you know to your cost, I'm no guru.

Yeah you need full-text feeds and as many items in the feed as possible. Reversing the order of the feed would be neat too, this way, people could read it in the correct order.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
Richard Herley
Author

Just a note to say that serialization of The Penal Colony has just finished. Thanks to everyone who subscribed!

Serialization of The Tide Mill starts on Monday, 24 November. Full details here.
Advert