Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #91
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The issue was the list of all libraries known by Calibre being only 1. Your CALM .json file got corrupted when CALM saved its list of source libraries.

Your wife's machine had the same issue.

The OS does not matter. Python is cross-OS.

I need to see your .json file from CALM. Please exit from Calibre, then upload it so I can see it. You may have to change its file extension so mobileread.com will let you upload it.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #92
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
Ok, the file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Consolidate All Library Metadata.json.txt (5.0 KB, 233 views)
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #93
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

According to your .json, you never deleted the 00,01 and 02. They were last saved while "checked". You saved no other library names.

Please do this:

Exit from Calibre.
Delete the .json while Calibre is not running.
Run Calibre.
Start CALM.
Go to the Source Library Tab.
Do not click on 'load all known libraries'.
Manually enter the Library names you want. Save.
Exit from CALM.
Exit from Calibre.
Upload the .json so I can see it.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:59 PM   #94
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Here is the new file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Consolidate All Library Metadata.json.txt (4.9 KB, 247 views)
Old 07-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #95
DaltonST
Deviser

After deleting the .json, did you encounter an empty Tab, enter real library paths, then save before exiting?
Advert
Old 07-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #96
petzi
Connoisseur

I just dragged the folder of the library to the terminal in order to get the directory path and copied the pathname from the terminal to CALM. Then I copied this pathname and pasted it, changing the name for the other library.

I inspected the .json file myself and know that my saved pathnames do not appear in the .json file. But this is exactly my problem.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #97
DaltonST
Deviser

For now while I figure this out, simply create 3 empty libraries using Calibre's standard functionality to do so. That should give you 5 that Calibre knows about. Then, delete the .json and try again. Regardless, I will fix this.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #98
petzi
Connoisseur

I did this before but did it again. Now I have 12 libraries, 6 of my own and 6 for test purposes, 3 of them empty. I included in the save 10 of these libraries, this is confirmed in the .json file. When I saved in CALM I could find 7 checked of them (+ 00,01,02 unchecked, making 10 in total).

I wonder where this three numbered files come from?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Consolidate All Library Metadata.json.txt (5.2 KB, 221 views)
Old 07-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #99
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.21 Posted

Version 2.0.21 -2016-07-28 Fixed Source Libraries Load-All-Known-Library logic when a user has no Calibre libraries except the current one.

DaltonST
Old 07-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #100
petzi
Connoisseur

With the new version there is now a big difference: After saving the three library names 00,01,02 do not appear any more. But of the 5 libraries I had put in and checked, two remained in the window, but CALM is correctly reporting that currently 5 libraries are checked. These two that remained are considered for the consolidation process.

But I never got a situation like your second screenshot. I always get a situation after saving similar as in your first screenshot. My saving reduces my selected files from 5 to 2 (there is always a reduction of 3, has maybe to do with 00,01,02?).

I attached the new .json file for your inspection.

I'll come back tomorrow, here in Austria it is already after midnight.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Consolidate All Library Metadata.json.txt (5.1 KB, 221 views)
Old 07-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #101
DaltonST
Deviser

The second screenshot is after the custom columns have been 'generated', which you have never done.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:25 PM   #102
petzi
Connoisseur

I forgot to mention: When I do an automatic load up the three file names 00,01,02 do appear in the list of my files. I get 12 file names, but only 9 are my own, the other three are 00,01,02. The two libraries I am interested to consolidate are never shown but eaten up by 00 and 01…
Old 07-28-2016, 06:30 PM   #103
petzi
Connoisseur

Ah, I see. I just have generated columns. This is also new, as CALM now finally allows me to do that.

I got the second screenshot with the difference that is says "Currently checked: 5" but shows only two.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #104
DaltonST
Deviser

I will work on that next.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:32 PM   #105
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petzi View Post
I never had libraries with names 00,01,02 but I do have views from the View Manager plugin called 00-xxx, 01-yyy, 02-zzz. I mention this as I've got messages form CALM referring to View Manager as the current Target Library.

I deleted the View Manager plugin but could not find its preference file (I have to re-index my hard disk, but this will take some time).
@petzi - FYI - View Manager stores its preferences in the Preferences table of the library database, you can see them best in metadata_db_prefs_backup.json. This allows different physical libraries to have different View Manager 'layouts', referencing library specific custom columns.

Other PIs also keep settings in the library databases - Reading List, Count Pages, Import List and Epub Split come to mind

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags