Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #121
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
And I don't see any huge issues in updating the plugins once Kris made the necessary changes and sends me the corresponding documentation.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #122
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
And I don't see any huge issues in updating the plugins once Kris made the necessary changes and sends me the corresponding documentation.
Excellent, but aren't you done yet? (that's a joke, son, I say a joke)

I would rather see you both take your time and get it right than rush things. Hopefully, I'll be using it for a few years. Just don't forget the tip jar.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2016, 10:06 PM   #123
Boshek
Boshek began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch
Calibre Plug-ins update for Marvin 3

Now that there is finally a new version of Marvin on iOS, will you be updating your plug-ins to work with it? I would really appreciate it, and promise to donate if you do. Gratefully yours.
Boshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:14 AM   #124
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshek View Post
Now that there is finally a new version of Marvin on iOS, will you be updating your plug-ins to work with it? I would really appreciate it, and promise to donate if you do. Gratefully yours.
I'd love to update the plugins but, unfortunately, I've yet to hear from Kris, Marvin's developer.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #125
Philantrop
Addict

Tiny update (in a nutshell: nothing changed, haven't heard from Kris for quite some time (even though we were briefly in touch), waiting for Godot):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3396640
Advert
Old 01-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #126
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
So, the last time I synced some Books from Calibre to Marvin via the iOS connection was in 2016. This was some time after the iOS 9.0.2 was Jailbroken.. on iPad 2 and so on.

I think iTunes at the time was 12.3.0.44..

I recently had to update iTunes to 12.5.x for iOS 10 support on my iPhone..

And I got this message:

'NoneType' object is not iterable

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 466, in _get_device_information
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 774, in get_device_information
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Did the iTunes/ iOS Mobile driver change & break this? I am maintaining iOS 9.0.2 Jailbroken on iPad 2.

PS: Also my Marvin version may not be the latest.. and for some wierd reason before I updated Calibre (auto) I was able to get Calibre to SEE the Books on the device..

So.. How did it work once and then stopped?
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #127
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
calibre 2.78 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 4, 7) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 13) && Goodreads (1, 1, 10) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Marvin XD (1, 2, 4) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Overdrive Link (1, 42, 0) && iOS reader applications (1, 4, 7, 0, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 7, 7) && Overdrive Link (1, 42, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 82, in about_to_show_menu
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 2069, in rebuild_menus
AttributeError: 'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'ios_connection'
More..
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote