Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
uspn
uspn began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Smile Tørrissen, Bjørn Christian: One for the Road, new 2008

I'm the author of this recently published book, which has received good reviews. I post this because I wish to hear from users of various devices whether or not the book looks good on the different screens and software you have.

I may be cheating a bit, since the Mobipocket file isn't actually attached to this message. I try to keep track of how my book travels, so please download the 517kB file from http://bjornfree.com/Mobi_All.html . It's still free, there's no registration needed, no ads on the page and it's two clicks away. (There are PDF and a LIT versions available as well.) If I receive feedback that indicates that the book actually looks good as it is, I may return here with the file as an attachment.

It's a travel book, not a travel guide. Although it's meant to be read as a funny novel, there are also heaps of tips for independent travelers, sometimes on and sometimes between the lines. Many readers have commented that my style of writing reminds them of Bill Bryson's.

The book is sort of a 3-in-1 thing, as three journeys are covered;

1) While backpacking through southern South America, suddenly there's a way to get to Antarctica by boat at a reasonable price. I of course jumped at it, and the journey turned out to be quite the event for a person prone to motion sickness... Oh, and don't miss out on the penguins!

2) Traveling through Southern Africa, riding ostriches, seeing a moonbow, encountering the howling skunkbutt cockroach, and more.

3) Surviving a month on and along the Trans-Siberian Railway, from Vladivostok to Moscow. The Russians did not amuse me, which ironically probably will amuse you.

It's not free because it's so bad. Really. Have a look and tell me what you think! And do remember to point out any changes I should make to the file to make it more readable on your device!

Thank you _so_ much!

Bjørn
http://bjornfree.com

Last edited by uspn; 04-26-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added file size
uspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've moved this thread because it is not a book download per se.

Moderator.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
free books, travel books, travelogues