Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Mboomba
Mboomba began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Ebook / Epub Functionality

Howdy,

We have a client that publishes their annual report as an ebook (EPUB). They want to be able to tag/select sections/portions of it and email to clients as PDF or some other format direct from the ebook. I'm guessing by chapter, paragraph and or chart or graph.

Does anyone know if there is a reader app for Ipad or Mac that can accomodate this? Or is this a programming situation?

This is my first stab at this.

Thanks,

Mboomba
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Moderator Notice
Do not post the same message in multiple forums.

Dale
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
the latest version of ibooks (3.0.2) allows a reader to select some text from an ebook and and email it, or post it to facebook or twitter. the message or post will include some metadata from the epub including author's name, book title, date of publication and a copyright notice.

seems like it's limited to excerpts of text, so one wouldn't be able to email whole chapters or images.

there may be some other apps that also have this functionality, but i doubt very many of them do unless they operate in a browser.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
I think they want an app, not an e-book.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Mboomba
Mboomba began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Well thats what our developers have been telling me. Im a production artist and I can probably set up most of this in acrobat but the end users here wont have a full version of acrobat. They are all on Ipads. I was just hoping there was a clever reader app or way to program the EPUB to where this could be done. Its a nice to have for the client but the budget wont allow for a web based or other app.

Please any more feedback would be appreciated. Thanks ya'll!
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

This thread, too, is closed. (That makes a total of two closed threads.) DO NOT CREATE ADDITIONAL THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT.

You already have a thread on this subject, created earlier, located here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...51#post2373251

THAT will be the thread you will post to.
Closed Thread