Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #16
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
I've become increasing fond of Evernote as my main note taking app. Primarily because I can easily access it across devices, I also do the premium version mainly for offline access to my notebooks....comes in really handy for long flights lacking and when lacking Internet access.

For handwritten notes I've played around with so many I've lost track....
i used to use Evernote, but ever since they changed their privacy policy, I've stopped using it which is sad, because it's a great app
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
tdmsu
Enthusiast
tdmsu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
I like Noteshelf - it allows many different paper choices and saves notes into distinct notebooks. I may have my students use it for taking Cornell notes this year - I am trying to go paperless, and our school has students sign out iPads for use in school.
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i used to use Evernote, but ever since they changed their privacy policy, I've stopped using it which is sad, because it's a great app
What change in privacy policy do you mean?
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
pvdbogaard
pvdbogaard began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
I recently stumbled over VoodooPad5. However using it now on the Macbook Pro. There is a version for iPAD but there are some restrictions.
Worked for two weeks with VP and just bought a license for it. Impression is very good.
There are some tutorial videos on VoodooPad on YouTube. Watching these might give an initial impression.
pvdbogaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #20
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
I use Circus Ponies Notebooks (syncs with my mac), Evernote (syncs with everything), Elements (for syncing my Scrivener projects), and Daedalus (syncs to dropbox).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
What change in privacy policy do you mean?
I am also wondering about this.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #21
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
I use Circus Ponies Notebooks (syncs with my mac), Evernote (syncs with everything), Elements (for syncing my Scrivener projects), and Daedalus (syncs to dropbox).
That's a lot of note taking applications. Isn't it hard to manage?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #22
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
That's a lot of note taking applications. Isn't it hard to manage?
Yes, kind of, but I use them for different things. Evernote is for small personal notes, shopping lists, web clippings, directions to get places, little reminders to myself, and so on. Elements is only used for syncing my Scrivener projects (apart from Simplenote, it's the only app that syncs with Scrivener). CP is for all my work related notes. Daedalus somewhat overlaps with CN, I can't quite decide which one to use as my main work app as they both have pros and cons...
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Outline+ for my OneNote files. I can make and edit my OneNote files and they look the same as on the PC. It doesn't have handwriting yet though, just text.

GoodNotes, for General Notes. Notability when I need a lot of organization but now that I have Outline+ I don't use it as much.

Index Cards for Plotting stories and syncing with Scrivener.

Notes Plus for the side by side screens. Notes on one side, web on the other and I can clip pictures onto my notes, great for research.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #24
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thanks everyone for your comments!

As I said, I use NoteBooks to manage relatively complex personal projects, like preparing an exhibition or moving house. But lately I have also started to use my iPad professionally, and I looked for a note-taking app to manage this. I thought about using NoteBooks too for this, but I felt that something a bit different was required, so I tried quite a few apps and finally (?) settled on Meeting Notes.

It's not perfect, but it does the job for now. I can create a note for each meeting by importing a calendar appointment, and it comes with the participants already filled in, which is good. I can attach tasks to each meeting, or create tasks that are not meeting-related. There is an option to list all tasks, although I can't seem to find a way to display open tasks only, I need to write to the developer about this because it could become a major flaw as time goes by. Otherwise it works pretty well. The interface is not very good-looking and the icon is positively ugly, but it's easy to understand and use and it has the basic functionalities I need. So I have adopted it for the moment as my work tool.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
Delotte231
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
Yes, kind of, but I use them for different things. Evernote is for small personal notes, shopping lists, web clippings, directions to get places, little reminders to myself, and so on. Elements is only used for syncing my Scrivener projects (apart from Simplenote, it's the only app that syncs with Scrivener). CP is for all my work related notes. Daedalus somewhat overlaps with CN, I can't quite decide which one to use as my main work app as they both have pros and cons...
I wouldn't be able to keep up with all of that. Good thing I never needed to. I used to use One note for work, back before this whole cloud hoolala started. Now I am strictly just using Evernote.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Meeting Box is free today. I had a price drop alert on it in AppZap, so I downloaded it to have a look. I don't like it much, it seems rather limited in functionalities and it looks ugly. But since it's free (today only I think), you guys might want to give it a try.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have used a ton of these apps, especially since I got my keyboard case. I loved this app called Chapters at first, you could create multiple notebooks, export them in a variety of ways and it had a clean interface. But it was not great with handling images and I wanted some of that. Then I was using AwesoneNote, which I also liked, but I didn't like that it stored entries only by date so you couldn't keep non-date-based entries very well. Now, I am using MaxJournal, which keeps multiple notebooks and lets you embed images, and it can export well. But it still is calendar-based, so the search for a perfect app continues...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #28
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I have used a ton of these apps, especially since I got my keyboard case. I loved this app called Chapters at first, you could create multiple notebooks, export them in a variety of ways and it had a clean interface. But it was not great with handling images and I wanted some of that. Then I was using AwesoneNote, which I also liked, but I didn't like that it stored entries only by date so you couldn't keep non-date-based entries very well. Now, I am using MaxJournal, which keeps multiple notebooks and lets you embed images, and it can export well. But it still is calendar-based, so the search for a perfect app continues...
I'm interested by this keyboard case idea. I gather you are happy with it?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Very happy. It's a logitech bluetooth keyboard and the iPad gently snaps into it when you're done so it functions like a case. I have seen other folio cases with keyboards built in that weighed a ton and had all sorts of snaps and fiddly parts. This is a simple and light-weight solution. I just gently pull it off as if taking it out of a case and then I can use the iPad as is without the keyboard, or prop it in the little groove, turn the bluetooth on and use it like a laptop. Changed my life!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Have you tried Notability? I think it's on sale right now. It's pretty good at mixing typed text with other stuff such as images, sketches, web clips...