Notices

Old 12-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #721
scoopaz
Nosy Parker
scoopaz began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pro, Nook Classic, Touch, Color, PRS-650, Asus Transformer
SOLVED: metadata.db path

I found the issue:

1. Fat-finger - had a duplicate entry for $config['calibre_directory']. removed it

2. I searched through the thread for an issue similar to mine and updated the remaining configuration string to "C:/Abyss Web Server/htdocs/catalogs/book bonanza/";

And it worked!

lisa
scoopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #722
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopaz View Post
I found the issue:

1. Fat-finger - had a duplicate entry for $config['calibre_directory']. removed it

2. I searched through the thread for an issue similar to mine and updated the remaining configuration string to "C:/Abyss Web Server/htdocs/catalogs/book bonanza/";

And it worked!

lisa
Great !
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #723
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Good to hear Lisa
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #724
PeaTines
PeaTines began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, kindle
Hi - first time posting here and I'm just trying out COPS on my Synology. Firstly, I just wanted to say thanks for creating this software and for making it available. It's going to be really useful for me.

I do seem to have one issue. My books are all available and everything seems to work correctly. I can see buttons to download EPUB or MOBI formats and that's all working with no errors in the log. However, I don't see an 'email book' button anywhere in the interface. I have entered an email address in the COPS settings page.

Is this feature not implemented yet, or do I have a problem in my setup ?

I'm running COPS 0.6.2 installed as a package on a Synology Diskstation DS112+ with DSM 4.2-3211. the issue occurs on Chrome, IE and Opera

Probably I'm missing something obvious - so any pointers greatly received
PeaTines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #725
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaTines View Post
Hi - first time posting here and I'm just trying out COPS on my Synology. Firstly, I just wanted to say thanks for creating this software and for making it available. It's going to be really useful for me.

I do seem to have one issue. My books are all available and everything seems to work correctly. I can see buttons to download EPUB or MOBI formats and that's all working with no errors in the log. However, I don't see an 'email book' button anywhere in the interface. I have entered an email address in the COPS settings page.

I'm running COPS 0.6.2 installed as a package on a Synology Diskstation DS112+ with DSM 4.2-3211. the issue occurs on Chrome, IE and Opera

Look at the mail icon in the screenshot (attached).

Does this pointer help you? (if not please reply here.)

Don't forget to fill out the e-mail portion of config-local.php.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-12-13 at 9.28.05 PM.png
Views:	353
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	116661  
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #726
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaTines View Post

Like Mariosipad said, you have to copy the section about email from config_default.php to config_local.php and fill it properly.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #727
PeaTines
PeaTines began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, kindle
Ah yes, got it ! Many thanks
PeaTines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #728
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.9.0

COPS 0.9.0 is out with bug fixes and some new features (First post to download) :
  • Added a lot of unit testing. I hope it will limit the risks of regression.
  • Added a "smart / autocomplete" search.
  • Updated the way locales are handled. Should be easier to add new languages.
  • Fixed display of Cyrillic characters.
  • Upgraded doT to version 1.0.1, Magnific-Popup to 0.9.8, Normalize.css to 2.1.3, Jquery-cookie to 1.4.0.
  • Fixed OPDS stream validity. Reported by Didier.
  • Added a new check in checkconfig.php to detect case problem between the actual path and the path stored in Calibre database. Try checkconfig.php?full=1. Reported by Ruud.
  • Fixed the display of the rating stars with Chrome. Thanks to At_Libitum.
  • Added a new parameter ($config['cops_titles_split_first_letter']) to avoid splitting the books by first letter. Thanks to At_Libitum.
  • Fixed non compliant OPDS search (for Stanza, Moon+ Reader, ...). Reported by At_Libitum.
  • Fixed the redirection in case the Calibre database is not found. Reported by At_Libitum
  • Changed .htaccess to allow the use of password protected catalogs with Sony's eReader (PRS-TX). Thanks to Ruud for the beta testing.
  • Updated Chinese, German, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian translations. Huge thanks to all the translators.
  • Fixed a small problem : If a book had no summary the cover could be cut.
  • Fix COPS on Internet Explorer 9. Reported by At_Libitum.
  • Added publishers in home categories / search / autocomplete search.
  • Added a new configuration item ($config ['cops_ignored_categories']) to ignore some categories (author, tag, publisher, ...) in home screen and searches. It's also available in the "Customize UI" page.
  • Updated .htaccess to allow downloading books with a password protected COPS on a Sony PRS-TX. Reported by Ruud.
  • Changed the default search to search by categories also (should help with OPDS). Thanks to At_Libitum.
  • Fixed the tag filtering in the HTML catalog when two tags starts by the same word. Reported by Tyler.

First I really thought of tagging this release as 1.0.0 as it seems that COPS is stable enough for quite some time (I personnaly use it since day 1). Due to the huge number of changes, it will be 0.9.0.

The most important feature is the "smart / autocomplete" search that is available in the HTML catalog : if you begin to type some characters then you'll get some results organized by categories. After talking a lot with the beta testers (thanks to them), it was also added to the multidatabase search. At_Libitum also contributed some code to have a search by category by default to ease search on OPDS client.

The next big change is a new parameter $config ['cops_ignored_categories'] that will allow you to hide a category that you don't like (tags, publisher, series, ...). It can also be configured on the "Customize UI" page.

I've also spend a lot of time to reorganize COPS's code, refactorize and add a lot of unit tests. COPS is two years old, I'm beginning to get code contributions so I needed that to limit the risks of regression and new bugs. I spend almost two months adding those, that mainly explain the delayed release.

Special thanks to At_Libitum for all his code and idea contributions and to Ruud for his time to solve a Sony PRS-T2 problem.

As always, thanks a lot to all the contributors, translators and the beta testers. Again Catalan and Spanish translators are really needed, I warned to remove those languages and I will eventually do it if nobody speak up and update the files.

I know there is some problem with COPS on Kindle / Sony / Cybook, I can't do a lot without a proper device to debug. I'll set up a donation link in the next days to maybe buy a Kindle or a PRS-TX. Also if you have such a device that you don't need anymore, please consider sending it to me it will help.

I'll update the Synology package in a day or two.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing and happy new year.

Last edited by vlad59; 01-01-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #729
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you very much, looks good, as allways

f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #730
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzgenfatz View Post
Thank you very much, looks good, as allways

f.

@all

Thanks to Marcos the Spanish translation was updated. So only Catalan is lagging.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #731
le_
le_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks vlad for this new version!

I don't know if someone is already taking care of this, but here's the new strings based on the original Portuguese translation:
Code:
"customize.ignored":"Categorias ignoradas",

"publisher.name":"Editora",
"publishers.alphabetical.many":"Índice alfabético das {0} editoras",
"publishers.alphabetical.none":"Índice alfabético de nenhuma editora",
"publishers.alphabetical.one":"Índice alfabético de uma editora",
"publishers.title":"Editoras",
"publisherword.many":"{0} editoras",
"publisherword.none":"Nenhuma editora",
"publisherword.one":"1 editora",

"search.result.publisher":"Resultado da pesquisa por *{0}* em editoras",
Thanks and happy new year for everyone!
le_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #732
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Happy New Year to all!

@vlad59

for cops and keep up the good work!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #733
voolta
voolta began at the beginning.

Device: ipzq 3970
Merci bcp !

Let us know when the Synology community package is updated to try
tx again
voolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:06 AM   #734
-Stranger-
-Stranger- began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone/iPad2/Sony PRS-T1/Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I'll update the Synology package in a day or two.
Thanks for your great work and HNY

Please, put the link to the package here
-Stranger- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #735
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Updated the german translation. Now it's 100% complete.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Localization_de.json.txt (9.0 KB, 164 views)
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology