Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #691
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
COPS does not find all books

Installed COPS on my Synology DS212, does a great job. Works well with tablet (Android) and e_reader (Sony).
I also found that when adding a book it does not show up, searching the most 50 recent additions does not even comes up with recent books. Is there a limitation on the size (1300 books yet) of the database (SQLite) processing by COPS? I'll investigate the code but hardly belief it.
THX in advance for a solution or clue.
Reader2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #692
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader2 View Post
Installed COPS on my Synology DS212, does a great job. Works well with tablet (Android) and e_reader (Sony).
I also found that when adding a book it does not show up, searching the most 50 recent additions does not even comes up with recent books. Is there a limitation on the size (1300 books yet) of the database (SQLite) processing by COPS? I'll investigate the code but hardly belief it.
THX in advance for a solution or clue.
COPS does not cache data but your browser can so try CTRL+F5 to be sure to have an up to date page.
What do you use to synchronize your library ?
There is no limit on Calibre's library size, I have a test library with over 20K books and COPS works fine with it.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #693
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
COPS does not cache data but your browser can so try CTRL+F5 to be sure to have an up to date page.
What do you use to synchronize your library ?
There is no limit on Calibre's library size, I have a test library with over 20K books and COPS works fine with it.
Yup. I use a directory sync program (FreeFileSync) to update the copy of my library on the NAS (a Synology DS213J) COPS runs on, and COPS picks up the changes just fine.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #694
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
COPS does not cache data but your browser can
Hi vlad59,

If my memory is still what it was, doesn't COPS tell the browser to cache some content in fetch.php?

[CODE] $expires = 60*60*24*14;
header("Pragma: public");
header("Cache-Control: maxage=".$expires);
header('Expires: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', time()+$expires) . ' GMT');/CODE]

In .htacces it is possible to set more caching options.

I find caching useful for "remembering" the cover thumbnails.

for COPS!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #695
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Hi vlad59,

If my memory is still what it was, doesn't COPS tell the browser to cache some content in fetch.php?

[CODE] $expires = 60*60*24*14;
header("Pragma: public");
header("Cache-Control: maxage=".$expires);
header('Expires: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', time()+$expires) . ' GMT');/CODE]

In .htacces it is possible to set more caching options.

I find caching useful for "remembering" the cover thumbnails.

for COPS!
Your memory is fine

The browser will cache image, thumbnails and the actual pdf / epub / mobi files.

Data coming from the database is not cached.
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #696
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
Thank you all. My fault. Instead of using the library on Synology (by NFS), I still was working on a copy. So obviously just CALIBREing the one on local disk and COPSing the one on NFS - so it made sense COPS did not reflect the changes in the (by mistake used) other library. Yet it works perfect! & also learned what is cached
Reader2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #697
micmic
micmic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, marvin, moon+
Search issue with Moon+, no connection with Marvin

Hi vlad,

first of all: great job!

COPS is exactly what I was looking for when I got my synology a and tried to download ebooks to my reade without my calibre (and my computer) running all the time.

Well, I am still struggling a bit with the configuration, any advice is appreciated.
I installed my calibre files following the description in the FAQ: https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology
My data files are stored outsided webroot.

First question: the FAQ states to set calibre_internal_directory:

Code:
$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/volume1/logiciel/feedbook/';
Some postings ago I saw the hint that this variable should only be used for nginx. The default web server for synology is apache. Is the FAQ outdated or am I missing something?

Second question: Moon+ reader is my preferred reader. Unfortunately I am not able to get the search function running for this reader.
This is my config_local.php:

Code:
<?php
    if (!isset($config))
        $config = array();

/*
     * The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
     * containing all the formats.
     * BEWARE : it has to end with a /
     */
    $config['calibre_directory'] = '/volume1/calibre/data/';
    $config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/volume1/calibre/data/';
    $config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "X-Sendfile";

/*
     * Catalog's title
     */
    $config['cops_title_default'] = "Syno-1";

/*
     * use URL rewriting for downloading of ebook in HTML catalog
     * See README for more information
     *  1 : enable
     *  0 : disable
     */

$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";

$config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "1";
From previous posts I tried cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream = 0.

- That didn't help for Moon+ Reader, but disabled the search button in Alkido.
Does this mean: searching either in Moon+ or in Alkido, but not in both?

- what needs to done to enable searching for Moon+? For testing, I also configured your demo server in Moon+: http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/feed.php. I was surprised to get no search button there also. Any suggestions?

Third question: For my Ipad, I tried to access my ebooks with marvin:
I use this as feed: 192.168.1.23/calibre. This works in my ipad's browser, but Marvin complains "this feed is invalid". I also tried 192.168.1.23/calibre/fetch.php without My apache error file contains not entries indicating access issues. Does Marvin require any special configuration? Anyone accessing COPS using Marvin?

Michael
micmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #698
vlad59
Addict

@micmic

I fixed the wiki, it was seriously outdated.. Long story short, you don't need those lines :

Code:
$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/volume1/calibre/data/';
$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "X-Sendfile";
About your second question, COPS's non compliant search had a critical regression for the last 6 months (At Libitum reported it a few days ago). It's fixed on github but I've not released a new version of COPS for now.

About your third question :

Did you really try fetch.php or is it a typo ?

the correct URL is feed.php. A lot of people are using Marvin with COPS so I guess (and hope) I'll know if it did not work.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #699
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmic View Post
Hi vlad,

Third question: For my Ipad, I tried to access my ebooks with marvin:
I use this as feed: 192.168.1.23/calibre. This works in my ipad's browser, but Marvin complains "this feed is invalid". I also tried 192.168.1.23/calibre/fetch.php without My apache error file contains not entries indicating access issues. Does Marvin require any special configuration? Anyone accessing COPS using Marvin?

Michael
Yup, and no issues at all with it. You are sure you got the correct url? I would have assumed it would look like hostname/cops/feed.php

PS. Since you mentioned Marvin I'd better tell tell this now, otherwise you might later think it's still broken. Marvin sadly does not yet support displaying of subtitle (content) field in OPDS. So if you perform a COPS search with Marvin from the main library screen or the library selection screen, it will tell you the number of items found in the header, but it will not show in which library or category it found the matches. Making the search rather pointless at times depending on where you start. I'm sure the Marvin developer will fix this but until then you might be better off using the web interface in Marvin on iPad, at least if you are wanting to do a global search.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 11-25-2013 at 07:21 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #700
micmic
micmic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, marvin, moon+
@vlad59
@At_Libitum
Thank you for pointing me to the incorrect path. It works now. Must have been blind....

Regarding the search: I will wait for the next release, search is not really a must have for me.

Michael
micmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #701
vlad59
Addict

Hi all,

Just a quick post, to tell you that even if there was no new release for some time (3 months), COPS is not dead and I still spend way too much time enhancing it.

You can check Github if you don't believe me

You can expect a Xmas gift.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #702
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Hi vlad59,

I did notice some activity on COPS/github lately

I'm still happy with cops.

I recently installed COPS on my Raspberry Pi (with Apache).

The performance was not stellar, but it worked. But it worked "better" on my Synology (DS110j) with a comparable arm processor. (Raspberry Pi and Apache/COPS running from a HDD.)

Any thoughts about this?

Anticipating X-mas now even more!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #703
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Hi vlad59,

I did notice some activity on COPS/github lately

I'm still happy with cops.

I recently installed COPS on my Raspberry Pi (with Apache).

The performance was not stellar, but it worked. But it worked "better" on my Synology (DS110j) with a comparable arm processor. (Raspberry Pi and Apache/COPS running from a HDD.)

Any thoughts about this?

Anticipating X-mas now even more!
Hi Mario,

About your Raspberry Pi, IMHO the main difference with your NAS is I/O, if you only use a SD card you'll have very slow speed (because the device itself has a lot of latency). You can speed things up little by using a USB key (USB 3.0 are know to have very good access time). But yet even with a HDD the limit would be the USB bus (240Mbits IIRC).

On the other side your NAS can access data very quickly.

EDIT : As a side note, Nginx will use less memory but I don't think it will help here.

EDIT 2 : Another notable difference is that on your NAS an opcode cache installed (apc), you may have forgot to install or enable it on your Raspberry Pi.

Last edited by vlad59; 12-05-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #704
mariosipad
Guru

Hi vlad59,

Your answer confirms my suspicion that it is not COPS but the Pi itself that may be the "problem".

I'm running my Pi for 99% from a Hard Disk (system and data), so no latency from a flash drive. But I noticed that the USB port on a Raspberry Pi is rather slow. This in turn reflects on the HDD and network performance.

I will try to install apc on the Pi and see if it can speed things up a bit.

Will report back when I have some results.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #705
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Hi vlad59,

Your answer confirms my suspicion that it is not COPS but the Pi itself that may be the "problem".
I admit not having heard of a Raspberry Pi before so went looking for info. Sitting here reading the FAQ's I see a mention that its overall performance is comparable to a Pentium 2@300Mhz ???

No wonder than if COPS runs slower than on a 'real' computer.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology