Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #16
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
I ordered one to. I had my eye on them when they first came out but I have an ipad, kindle and nook color and didn't need (and still don't) yet another one, but hey I'm a gadget junky and 119 is a steal. Its mostly being able to make notes or highlight in books(yay, something the others can't do so its justified. I hope.) that got me besides having the lcd screen as well. Can't wait to play with it.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #17
jennduffer
jennduffer began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X
I picked one up off Woot as well. Just got it yesterday. Has anybody had any issues with the one they got from Woot?

I can't get off the "Touch anywhere on this screen to get started" on the Android side, and the eReader side is stuck at "Initializing." I've done two reset buttons.

Thanks!
jennduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
just my luck, I go away for a week to a place without internet and woot decides to do another sale on this, ah well, one will have to do for now...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #19
HelenaCan
HelenaCan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I'm part of that influx Someone in the woot discussion recommended this forum- so I think you'll see a bunch of new folks.
HelenaCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #20
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennduffer View Post
I picked one up off Woot as well. Just got it yesterday. Has anybody had any issues with the one they got from Woot?

I can't get off the "Touch anywhere on this screen to get started" on the Android side, and the eReader side is stuck at "Initializing." I've done two reset buttons.

Thanks!
Have you had any success yet Jenn? If not (and assuming you charged it first) you might have gotten a dud. It doesn't happen often, but there were a few bad apples last time from Woot. You might want to contact them, or try the enTourage number listed on the Woot board here: http://www.woot.com/Forums/viewpost....83#post4534575 (posted 7:55a.m. by agingdragqueen)

Good luck, and welcome to MobileRead! Come back with good news.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #21
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
just my luck, I go away for a week to a place without internet and woot decides to do another sale on this, ah well, one will have to do for now...
Lol! Welcome back, Emusan.

I've heard that Woot didn't sell out, so there's hope for you yet! And there's always ebay, where you can find both EEs and PEs, sometimes at bargain prices! (Might even be a bargain low enough for a poor starving student! )

Edit: I count 4 PEs on ebay at or under $100. Not as many bargains as I thought!

Last edited by Filark; 07-03-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #22
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

yeah, I don't think I could have bought another at $125 anyway, hopefully they'll go sub-$100 soon enough...
Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #23
jmgazer
jmgazer began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Woot Pocket Edge

Bought one on Woot, should come this week, will see how it compares to my Nook Color, and Nook 2 Touch (both rooted). Nice to see support for this since Entourage closed shop.
Jim

Forgot to ask, does anyone know what version on Android comes with the latest Woot purchase? Dingo or Ermine?

Last edited by jmgazer; 07-04-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Forgotten question
jmgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Deleted. Wrong thread...

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 07-04-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #25
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgazer View Post
Bought one on Woot, should come this week, will see how it compares to my Nook Color, and Nook 2 Touch (both rooted). Nice to see support for this since Entourage closed shop.
Jim

Forgot to ask, does anyone know what version on Android comes with the latest Woot purchase? Dingo or Ermine?
It should come with Dingo (at least mine did), but you can update to Ermine by downloading the update and following the directions in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237 assuming that it has Dingo, otherwise the device will tell you there is an update, and that update will be Dingo. Either way, I'm pretty sure you need dingo in order to upgrade to ermine.

Last edited by mokel22; 07-04-2011 at 11:39 PM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #26
Filark

Quote:
Jim

Hi there, jmgazer! Welcome to MobileRead!

I will be very interested to know how the PE fits in with your Nooks!

As Mokel said, your PE should come with Dingo, or possibly even Coyote or Badger, since Ermine is technically a Beta. Dingo is Android 1.6, Ermine takes you to Android 2.2.

After you register, try the Update app -- which can take 10 minutes or so to finish checking before it notifies you that an update is available -- then check in Settings/About eDGe to see what Build you have. You can check your Build Number first, too, of course!

If updating doesn't take you all the way to Ermine, then you need to follow the procedure Mokel described. But maybe you'll get lucky and the easy way will work for you.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #27
jmgazer
jmgazer began at the beginning.

[QUOTE=Filark;1643518]Hi there, jmgazer! Welcome to MobileRead!

I will be very interested to know how the PE fits in with your Nooks!

As Mokel said, your PE should come with Dingo, or possibly even Coyote or Badger, since Ermine is technically a Beta. Dingo is Android 1.6, Ermine takes you to Android 2.2.

It came this morning, and I like it, some things work better than either Nook, usually because of the buttons, the screen is as good! I installed Amazon Market, and a few other apps, but FBReader would not install; only reason for it is you can view on the Eink other than portrait. Came with Dingo, upgraded it to Ermine which works well, now I see a new upgrade to include more apps is available. I think I'll wait a few days to see how that works; I'm 81 and the mind is getting slower.

Jim
The Nooks are still good readers, which is what they were designed for.
jmgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #28
emusan
lol

Quote:
It came this morning, and I like it, some things work better than either Nook, usually because of the buttons, the screen is as good!
They're actually the exact same screen... There are only a few companies that make them and only two to three different models(at least as of the time of the PE being made, there are more now)...
Old 07-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #29
Turtlehead
Enthusiast
Turtlehead began at the beginning.

Hi everyone, new woot PE here.

I registered and updated to 1.6, then tried to update to 2.2. Naming the file update.zip did not work so I took the zip off and "exployer" showed it named as "update" only but in details said it was a zip file. Updated right away then. Bet some others are having that problem.

I have some questions at first glance.

How can you delete some of the bookmarks on the browser?
Can you have more than one email address?

I might have read about these but all the reading I did before I got the PE today scrambled my brains!

Thanks
Turtlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #30
Filark

Hi Turtlehead! Welcome to MobileRead!

Yes, you can have more than one email address. I forget what you do, but it must have been easy cuz I did it.

To delete bookmarks in the stock browser (Ermine) just long press on the bookmark you want to delete and when a menu pops up, hit "Delete Bookmark." The long press (or tap and hold) is a good thing to remember as it works in many apps.