Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
A lot of problems with my 903 (Firmware: 2.0.4)

I've received today my PocketBook 903 and I'm just starting to use it and I'm very disappointed with the firmware.

First problem is that device sometimes becomes autistics, green led powers on and stops reacting to stylus or keys. Solution is wait a long or lock/unlock it.

On some power-up it seems internally resets its configuration because it asks for the language and accept the EULA. And sometimes it launches the calibration utility.

After a micro-sd format, it does the same. After a cleanup it does too and do not clean anything.

It has lost all my configurations in one of those issues...

It only accepts microSD formatted as FAT16! It does not recognizes it in FA32...

rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
It only accepts microSD formatted as FAT16! It does not recognizes it in FA32...

My 902 has no problems accepting an 8GB card with a single partition set to type "W95 FAT32" (i.e. type 0x0b), and formatted to a VFAT filesystem. Try setting up your card with those parameters.

The reader's operating system is Linux, so I doubt that every Microsoft filesystem configuration is supported.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
My 902 has no problems accepting an 8GB card with a single partition set to type "W95 FAT32" (i.e. type 0x0b), and formatted to a VFAT filesystem. Try setting up your card with those parameters.

The reader's operating system is Linux, so I doubt that every Microsoft filesystem configuration is supported.
Well, that microSD is recognized by my NOOK 3G, my JE200, my PC and my iMAC. However I will run a live virtual linux and format it from that linux.

If the devce were capable of format the SD instead of restart and lose all the configuration...

Last edited by rfog; 01-04-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
Zarathustra
Zarathustra began at the beginning.

Device: PB 903
Hi Frog,

"First problem is that device sometimes becomes autistics, green led powers on and stops reacting to stylus or keys. Solution is wait a long or lock/unlock it.

On some power-up it seems internally resets its configuration because it asks for the language and accept the EULA. And sometimes it launches the calibration utility.

After a micro-sd format, it does the same. After a cleanup it does too and do not clean anything.
"

I did not experience any of these problems.

I took a EMTEC 16 GB Class 4 micro-sd card and just plugged it in. And then I transfer all data via the cable.
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
with the 602 and 902 I didnt format anything. took the card out of the package and put it in the device. I never formatted the card for the IQ 7 either. just took it out of another ereader and put it in.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
rfog
Guru

Well, my unit came without card.

Other way, I know 3 more Spanish people (in Lectores Electrónicos) that have received the 903 and are having same reset and configuration problems...

Last edited by rfog; 01-05-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
I have a PB603 and I have many problems:

- I put some dictionaries (dic format ES-ES) in folder dictionaries, but don't work. In a book if i select the dictionary option and i try to select a word with stylus the reader goes to initial screen
- I can't get to configure the wi-fi connection, then i can't registrate my device.

Help please
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
rfog
Guru

Today I've had more time to deal with the problems and it seems they have been gone.

First I did a full SD FAT32 format under my Windows 7 x64, copied all my ebooks into it and has been recognized by the PocketBooks at first chance. And now it is shown in Exploer like the internal disk (yesterday didn't). I've copied and moved files from and to SD within the device and it has worked well.

I've been reading about 4 hours (one complex PDF, one self-made PDF and one MOBI file) and it has worked like a charm. Turn page is FAST in MOBI but it does not respects all the ebook formatting.

PDF Page turning with Adobe App is good enough, as fast as in Kindle DX. However pdfviewer simply sucks.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #9
ivagiglie
ivagiglie began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge71 View Post
I have a PB603 and I have many problems:

- I put some dictionaries (dic format ES-ES) in folder dictionaries, but don't work. In a book if i select the dictionary option and i try to select a word with stylus the reader goes to initial screen
Hola, I've missed this post while searching for the same problem, as the title was referring the 903.
Meamwhile I've reported the problem in (what I think) it's the official bug thread here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=80381&page=8

Let's see if we get an answer... what firmware are you running? (I'm on 2.0.4).

Sorry 903 guys for the 603 offtopic but has any of you added succesfully a new dictionary to the 903 model?
ivagiglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 AM   #10
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivagiglie View Post
Hola, I've missed this post while searching for the same problem, as the title was referring the 903.
Meamwhile I've reported the problem in (what I think) it's the official bug thread here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=80381&page=8

Let's see if we get an answer... what firmware are you running? (I'm on 2.0.4).

Sorry 903 guys for the 603 offtopic but has any of you added succesfully a new dictionary to the 903 model?
My only problem with PB603 at this moment is that new dictionaries don't work, I got configure the wifi connection. I have 2.0.4 firmware

I have reported the problem to service@pocketbook.de.

Cheers

Last edited by edge71; 01-09-2011 at 05:21 AM.
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
PDF Page turning with Adobe App is good enough, as fast as in Kindle DX. However pdfviewer simply sucks.
Does dictionary work for you with Adobe App ?
My 903 always get unresponsive when trying to use the dictionary for a PDF with Adobe while it works with pdfviewer (which really sucks otherwise).
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Does dictionary work for you with Adobe App ?
My 903 always get unresponsive when trying to use the dictionary for a PDF with Adobe while it works with pdfviewer (which really sucks otherwise).
my dictionary works with both Adobeviewer adn pdfviewer - regardless of whether I have reflow or normal zoom (or no zoom), and on whether I call it up with an associated key or tapping for the quick menu. I am running firmware version 2.0.4.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote