Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
glenm125
glenm125 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and Android smartphone
fanficfare update only stories I have

I've been using fanfiction.net's (FFN) email notifications of new chapters in books, to tell fanficfare what to download, using "Get Story URLs from Email".

A challenge is, I don't only want to hear about new chapters, I also want to hear about new stories from authors I like. So in FFN I have followed authors, not their individual books.

This means I get many chapter update emails for stories I'm not reading.

Is there any clever way for fanficfare to ignore chapter notification emails for stories that aren't in the library yet? Or another way to accomplish same? Note that an Ignore list won't work, because the whole point is that I don't know what stories may be authored, I can't know the IDs in advance to Ignore them.

Right now what I've been doing is using mailbox filtering to separate chapter notifications from new story notifications, that helps a little. But barring fanficfare providing a switch, I guess I will have to figure out a way to separate chapter notifications for books in my library, from those not. I suspect it will take some fiddling.

Once I get FanficFare updating only the stories I want, then the next thing is to get it to do some on a time schedule, so my calendar updates when I'm away from home. But one thing at a time I guess.

Thanks

glen
Old 09-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
So, why don't you ask this in the dedicated FanFicFare support thread???
Old 09-04-2016, 05:06 PM   #3
glenm125
glenm125 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and Android smartphone
Hmmm, is that the local etiquette? Other forum sites I use have different habits. The thread I saw looks to be mostly for announcing availability, and download problems. But, ok I'll repost in there.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Depends on the situation.

In this case, yes. Individual plugins don't get enough traffic to justify one thread per issue, and the best way to ping a plugin maintainer is through their support thread.

Anything generic enough to fall under the general category of calibre issues, can get its own thread -- the people who handle general questions will check all subforum threads.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

It would have been better someone had requested the thread be merged

@glenm125 - under the profile in posts there are 3 buttons, the first indicates user is online ('X' if so), second one is for sending thanks by way of some karma, and the third is to report a post - the latter can be used to request a thread or post be moved or merged.

I'm closing this thread, anyone interested can follow up from here ==>> see #1483

BR
Closed Thread