Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #1
CascataNerina
CascataNerina began at the beginning.

Device: None
Lost and Confused

Hi -

I'm teaching English in Korea and I'm an avid reader. Hence the desire for an ebook reader, it would cut my costs in half.

I'm looking at the two Korean made ereaders (that I know of), but I can't find much about them (in English):

NUUTbook and SoriBook neither has a good English version of their website. So I'm still left with questions:

1. Do they both have an English interface?
2. Do they both act like external USB drives?
3. Does either need special software or massive firmware updates?
4. Do they both function well with locked files (all that DRM stuff)?

I'm learning Korean, but it's slow going. Please help!

I'm also open to suggestions on different eReaders, but the Sony won't work because I have a linux and the firmware updates only come out over Windows (to my understanding). Also, the Kindle isn't worth the cost of the useless Whispernet (Korea is on a closed cell phone system). The CyBook seems rather expensive, which I was expecting, but I'd have to pay import duties on anything that I buy from out of the country (which is why I'd like to buy within the country).

I really need the help.
CascataNerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Have you done a search on the site for those two ebook readers? There are only a few threads for these two readers.

Try these to start.
NUUT: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11463
Soribook: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28347

There's also a brief bit of technical information in the wiki for Soribook.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I suggest looking into the Hanlin V3 from Jinke. They advertise Korean language support, so perhaps there is a local distributor.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Have you done a search on the site for those two ebook readers? There are only a few threads for these two readers.

Try these to start.
NUUT: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11463
Soribook: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28347

There's also a brief bit of technical information in the wiki for Soribook.

Dreamer
Also in the wiki for NUUT.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, korea, nuutbook, soribook