Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #76
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That popup is fairly clear: CM doesn't support FW 5.4.5.

And previous FW versions are subtly broken on your device (Kindlets won't run), so, yep, you won't be able to use CM, no matter what, until someone adds FW 5.4.5 support to CM (a process which happens to be a real PITA if at all possible, so don't get your hopes up).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-25-2014 at 11:12 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #77
verbatrium
verbatrium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
hi all,
may i request a little help please.

just got my new PW2 (9017) to replace my broken PW1 which previously was JB with collections manager installed..invaluble....

have downgraded the new PW2 to 5.4.2 and jailbroken with usb network installed and working.....but i cant get the kindlet update to install....i keep getting the "greyed out" update error all the time...been at it for 5 hours now....

can anyone help please....i really will be lost without collections manager and calibre...
verbatrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #78
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbatrium View Post
hi all,
may i request a little help please.

just got my new PW2 (9017) to replace my broken PW1 which previously was JB with collections manager installed..invaluble....

have downgraded the new PW2 to 5.4.2 and jailbroken with usb network installed and working.....but i cant get the kindlet update to install....i keep getting the "greyed out" update error all the time...been at it for 5 hours now....

can anyone help please....i really will be lost without collections manager and calibre...
For 9017 use the packages from the snapshots thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

If you have a device with 4Gbyte of flash, do not expect collections manager to work.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #79
verbatrium
verbatrium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanx for reply Knc1,

yes, i used the indicated packages....
windows reporting 3.13GB, so i guess thats the 4GB version....

anyone know of an alternative to the Calibre/Collection manager combo for the PW2 ??

Thanks
verbatrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #80
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@verbatrium: Not for those 'new' 4GB devices, until someone ports CM to FW 5.4.5, as was mentioned recently in the CM thread.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #81
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Question Automatically restore MKK-files?

NiLuJe
It's possible to automatically restore MKK-files through the bridge?

Backup original .jar, to copy MKK-files in "/var/local/mkk/", and add to "/var/local/system/fixup":

Code:
if [ ! -f /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/json_simple-1.1.jar.bak ]; then
    logmsg "I" "install" "" "Backup (new trigger of restore)"
    cp -f /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/json_simple-1.1.jar /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/json_simple-1.1.jar.bak
    logmsg "I" "install" "" "Restore MKK files"
    cp -f /var/local/mkk/developer.keystore /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore
    cp -f /var/local/mkk/json_simple-1.1.jar /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/json_simple-1.1.jar
    chmod 0664 /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/json_simple-1.1.jar
fi
Then after updating firmware will be restored all...

PS: And what delete in /var/ at reset of registration?..

Last edited by kaznelson; 08-18-2014 at 05:11 AM.
kaznelson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #82
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice idea.
Simplifies things for the end-user.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kaznelson: Yeah, I was just initially leery of storing more stuff in varlocal . I'll check out your test package, and probably end up merging it, since it's become moderately annoying now that we rely far more on Kindlets than when the bridge was initially released, and that updates are falling from the sky left and right . Thanks! .

EDIT: Merged with a few tweaks (the JB itself will setup MKK for the bridge, as will MKK itself, and the checks in the bridge should be slightly more robust. Once the Linaro 2014.08 rebuilds are done, it'll be in the snapshots ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-22-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #84
knc1
Going Viral

I seem to recall that the K4 is the limiting device for usable space in varlocal.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #85
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1:

Looks okay here .

Code:
/dev/mmcblk0p3           31.0M      6.5M     22.8M  22% /var/local
The bridge only concerns K5 devices anyway, so we should be okay on that front .
Old 08-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #86
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy

My kindlet seems to have suddenly uninstalled, and won't reinstall- and the collections manager won't run, because it demands kindlet as a prerequisite. :x It worked fine until just recently. I'm using a Kindle Touch, and the only thing that's changed is that I now also have a Kindle Fire HD, and I've been syncing some things between them via WhisperSync. Could that have broken it?

Someone please help me, because I don't understand much about jailbreaking devices. The Kindle Touch is the only thing I've ever had jailbroken, and it took me so long to figure out how to use the Calibe collections setup... I don't know what to do.
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #87
knc1
Going Viral

Hope that it is something simple.
Re-install MKK

(Your device might have updated its firmware.)
Old 08-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #88
mobilis
drowned in old books

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hope that it is something simple.
Re-install MKK

(Your device might have updated its firmware.)
I tried to put the K5 file on it and restart, like the tutorial said, but the Kindle Touch said that the "upgrade wasn't successful" during the restart and the Collections Manager still won't work.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mobilis: You most likely got a full OTA update along the way. Check your current FW version, and check the exact error code of those update failure to confirm if you need to reinstall the JB or not (which potentially implies a downgrade).
Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #90
mobilis
drowned in old books

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mobilis: You most likely got a full OTA update along the way. Check your current FW version, and check the exact error code of those update failure to confirm if you need to reinstall the JB or not (which potentially implies a downgrade).
It says Kindle 5.3.7.2.

What is an OTA update?? (I'm sorry to be such a dunce, but this is all so new to me. I'm more familiar with desktop comps... )

Tags
kindlet, mkk