Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
peterpisljar
peterpisljar began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Where does plugin get installed ?

Hello,

one thing i cant figure out.
where does the plugin get installed from zip file ?
- is it somewhere on filesystem ? (cant find it)
- or does it stay in zip and is always decompresed to some temp folder and run from there ?

- is it possible to get the path to the folder ?
-- i know about get_resource but i dont want to get the byte code to my file. i just want the path to the folder.

- what i would actualy like to do is add some .exe app to my plugins folder (like pdf2text) and then run it on my books.

regards, Peter
peterpisljar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpisljar View Post
Hello,

one thing i cant figure out.
where does the plugin get installed from zip file ?
- is it somewhere on filesystem ? (cant find it)
- or does it stay in zip and is always decompresed to some temp folder and run from there ?

- is it possible to get the path to the folder ?
-- i know about get_resource but i dont want to get the byte code to my file. i just want the path to the folder.

- what i would actualy like to do is add some .exe app to my plugins folder (like pdf2text) and then run it on my books.

regards, Peter
You install the Plugin (left) ZIP
If the PI is retrieved via the Preferences: Get Plugins, you never see the zip.

If you use another source, you use Preferenceslugins: Add plugins(button at the bottom) and indicate the location of the Zip to add.

PI's are then properly installed into the Calibre configuration folder and linkages established. Don't just drop a PI there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:31 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you want to run .exe's on your books, you may want to check out the Open With plugin.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote