Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #15451
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
The Giver by Lois Lowry. Great YA book I snagged for a quarter last year. When I finished I wanted more, but unfortunately I didn't have the second in the trilogy, it's on hold now at the library (and the third).
I read The Giver a few weeks ago and enjoyed it - but I didn't realize it was part of a trilogy! I'll have to check out the other two books now.
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #15452
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelArnold View Post
I read The Giver a few weeks ago and enjoyed it - but I didn't realize it was part of a trilogy! I'll have to check out the other two books now.
I think there are four now. She had a new one within the past year or so: Son.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #15453
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
The Giver[/I] by Lois Lowry. Great YA book I snagged for a quarter last year. When I finished I wanted more, but unfortunately I didn't have the second in the trilogy, it's on hold now at the library (and the third).
[I]

I really enjoyed Lowry's books. They are great to listen to in the car on a long trip because the whole family can enjoy them. We love The Giver and Gathering Blue. I think there was another we listened to but I remember it being not as good as the other two.. or maybe those are the only two I have listened too.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 01-29-2013 at 12:54 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #15454
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I was caught up in the drama that is Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl for a while -- rollercoaster that kind of crashes to a stop!
I read this earlier this year, and utterly despised it.

Blissfully, I'm about to start Alan Bradley's 5th Flavia deLuce novel Speaking from Among the Bones.

I have loved every minute I have given to Flavia, and can't wait to go home and download the pre-order onto my Nook.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #15455
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I sometimes get stuck in genres. At the moment it's Mystery/Suspense. (Better than zombies, I guess )

After reading 17 of the Reacher novels by Lee Child, I started on Robert Crais. I've read 13 of his books and just bought his newest, Suspect.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #15456
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I sometimes get stuck in genres. At the moment it's Mystery/Suspense. (Better than zombies, I guess )

After reading 17 of the Reacher novels by Lee Child, I started on Robert Crais. I've read 13 of his books and just bought his newest, Suspect.
I'm in the middle of it right now. Not Elivis Cole and Pike, unfortunately, but good in its own way.

And what's wrong with zombies???
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #15457
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I sometimes get stuck in genres. At the moment it's Mystery/Suspense. (Better than zombies, I guess....
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
...And what's wrong with zombies???
I can't believe DianNC posted that in a thread started by Dr. Drib!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #15458
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And what's wrong with zombies???
Seriously?

BOb
Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #15459
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Contemplating reading a new zombie novel, "The Strain,", after I finish the hard pulp novel by Whittington.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #15460
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #15461
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Seriously?

BOb
Seriously . Just ask Dr. D.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #15462
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Seriously . Just ask Dr. D.
Ok.. one word... OVERDONE!

BOb
Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #15463
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok.. one word... OVERDONE!

BOb
You could say that about murder mysteries, or love stories, or any other genre.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #15464
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am feeling it a bit with zombies though. I have a few feeds of discount Kindle books coming to me daily and for the horror genre there is always at least one or two zombie books every day. It's a bit tiring.

But then again, the vampires and paranormal romance types actually dilute the horror offerings as well, so I guess I'm just a cranky pants about it.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #15465
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Struggling through Terry Brook's Sword of Shannara - boy it does resemble LOTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelArnold View Post
That's what I've been telling myself for like 5 years now thanks for reminding me
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote