Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Personalized Kindle Covers

My wife Jo is a digital artist and we decided to individualize each of our Kindles. We printed a copy of some of her original digital paintings in a reduced size, had them laminated, and applied them to the fronts of our Kindles with spray-on contact adhesive (3M Super 77 tm Contact Adhesive applied only to the back of the laminated picture. Now we can't confuse the two Kindles. They also have Velcrotm applied to the back of the devices to keep them secure in the cases.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Covers.JPG
Views:	633
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	15097  
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cush View Post
My wife Jo is a digital artist and we decided to individualize each of our Kindles. We printed a copy of some of her original digital paintings in a reduced size, had them laminated, and applied them to the fronts of our Kindles with spray-on contact adhesive (3M Super 77 tm Contact Adhesive applied only to the back of the laminated picture. Now we can't confuse the two Kindles. They also have Velcrotm applied to the back of the devices to keep them secure in the cases.
Well, first off, she's one heck of an artist. And second ... yeah, welcome to the velcro club (although I'm using 3M picture hanging strips).

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
lindnet
Enthusiast
lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hey, those look really nice! I have an iron-on patch I'd like to put on my case, so you gave me a great idea to use adhesive to do it.

RickyMaveety, the 3M picture hangers work pretty well? I know I want to put something in there, just hadn't figured out what yet.
lindnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Looks great, unfortunately I'm far from being an artist
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindnet View Post
Hey, those look really nice! I have an iron-on patch I'd like to put on my case, so you gave me a great idea to use adhesive to do it.

RickyMaveety, the 3M picture hangers work pretty well? I know I want to put something in there, just hadn't figured out what yet.
Well, let's put it this way, they work better than velcro, but they are also easier to remove if you end up selling your Kindle at some point.

And ... if there are iron-on patches you want to put on your cover, just go to any fabric/sewing store and ask for fabric adhesive. It comes in a tube and works well. Also good is a hot glue gun.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
lindnet
Enthusiast
lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, let's put it this way, they work better than velcro, but they are also easier to remove if you end up selling your Kindle at some point.

And ... if there are iron-on patches you want to put on your cover, just go to any fabric/sewing store and ask for fabric adhesive. It comes in a tube and works well. Also good is a hot glue gun.
Yeah, I like the fact that they can be removed easily, if need be.

Thanks for the tips. I don't have a hot glue gun, but I hadn't even thought about fabric adhesive.

I hope you got a good nap in today, I read on another thread about your sleepless night.
lindnet is offline   Reply With Quote