Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
If it's not out by the end of November, I'll send the money over to a friend in the UK for a Glo and ask them to send one over.
I can see the Glo is released in the UK now.

Last edited by danskmacabre; 11-11-2012 at 05:35 PM.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Harvey Norman had them in their catalogue on the weekend (and now on their website). Apparently Retravision are going to sell them too. Not sure of release dates at all. Harris Tech (www.ht.com.au) have them advertised (none in stock atm) at a good price, though I don't know what shipping costs are.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
In the Whirlpool forum thread on the Glo, someone asked a Retravision shop in Newcastle and were told "late November possibly early December". Someone else was told by JB Hi-Fi on Thursday "they'll be in store early next week".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #19
Transonic
Enthusiast
Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Harvey Norman had them in their catalogue on the weekend (and now on their website). Apparently Retravision are going to sell them too. Not sure of release dates at all. Harris Tech (www.ht.com.au) have them advertised (none in stock atm) at a good price, though I don't know what shipping costs are.
I just checked their web site and delivery to Melbourne for a Kobo Glo was $14.25. This is still cheaper than Collins at $160.00 (ie $138 plus $14.25}
Transonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #20
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Collins now have the Kobo shop page back up, but it only has the current devices on it, none of the new ones.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #21
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In the Whirlpool forum thread on the Glo, someone asked a Retravision shop in Newcastle and were told "late November possibly early December". Someone else was told by JB Hi-Fi on Thursday "they'll be in store early next week".
Be careful buying accessories from Harris Tech, their website doesn't tell you what reader the accessory is for.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #22
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I can see the Glo is released in the UK now.
For those looking to import a Kobo Glo, they're currently available in Canada, the UK, the U.S., and France. If they're currently available anywhere else, I have yet to read about it on Kobo's blog or in the forums here on Mobileread.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #23
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Collins now have the Kobo shop page back up, but it only has the current devices on it, none of the new ones.
The new devices are back on Collins Kobo shop page.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #24
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Annnnd.... Bookworld has just changed their date yet again, this time to "early December".
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #25
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Annnnd.... Bookworld has just changed their date yet again, this time to "early December".
At least they put 2012 on the date...
Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #26
~tjayz~
~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo, Mini, Aura
Noooooooo!!!
I foolishly (?) pre ordered from Collins back in September after I'd seen somewhere that they would be available in October... then it was changed to mid November which was bad enough, now December?

At least I've got my Kindle to keep me reading, I only want the Kobo so that I can download library books so I guess I shouldn't complain - but I've been so looking forward to trying the Kobo and was getting quite excited thinking it was almost due to be here.
~tjayz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #27
Shankill
Nameless Being

Wow. They really don't want us to be able to buy it, do they?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #28
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
Wow. They really don't want us to be able to buy it, do they?
I guess this re-defines QuickBuy...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #29
gtim108
Enthusiast
gtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
I also ordered from Bookworld. Stupid I. I also ordered Kobo Glo Sleep Cover Case Black. And I can't cancel the order, because "Unfortunately we are unable to cancel this order as it has been despatched/passed to our supplier and will be despatched to you shortly. If when you receive this title you wish to return it to us please use the returns facility within your account" Rubbish. I don't need your stupid cover if I can't use it. If you will continue to postpone Kobo Glo I can't use your cover.

I was trying to cancel Kobo Glo order. Same message. Will never buy from Kobo or Bookworld. Will ask them to cancel my orders and will never ever go to their web site of kobo.
gtim108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #30
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Oh goody. I'm more interested in the Arc at the moment and given the push backed date of the Glo looks like the Arc is next year.

Didn't pre-orders start in September/October? 2+ month wait is not cool.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote