Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #106
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Great app. It helped a lot transforming my zipped comics to pdf. Thanks for your effort.
Some feedback:
1. A "no resize" option may be needed in output type. It can speed up the conversion. Besides, Zoom-in will be available when viewing comics.
2. "rar" format support may be useful.
3. An option to "split all horizontal pics" may be useful.
4. When marking split, RR, RL, it's tiresome to select file one by one .

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-18-2007 at 09:32 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #107
makkus
makkus began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / CyBook
First of all: great work!

I really like your software.

Is there any news on your decision which license to use so you can release the software?

Do you plan to setup a project on Sourceforge or something like that?

I would be really interested to contribute a bit or the other and I've got a bit of free time on my hands during the next few weeks...

Cheers,
Makkus
makkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:07 AM   #108
MScottParkinson
Enthusiast
MScottParkinson began at the beginning.

Device: none as yet
Ok, im trying this out even though i dont have an iliad in my continuing mission to see whether the iliads appropriate to read my marvel comics on. And it looks great - BUT im tryingto run the resulting pdf through rasterfarian but ic ant figure out how to use it as it seems to be designed for the sony reader. Can someone give me an idiots guide to running rasterfarian for the iliad?

Plus does it really make much difference cos the pages look pretty darn good running through the converter as is - congrats on it and thanks!
MScottParkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #109
Kirys
Zealot
Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
Smile

Thank you all
I do plan to release it as gpl or other O.S. licenses but I'll need to understand them before cause i use some components with different licenses and maybe there are conflicts.
I should contact the authors of the components and ask them about, but till now i had no time.

I hope to have more time next year.
Cya
Have an Happy Christmas and a lovely new year ^_^
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:47 AM   #110
Lockblade
Lockblade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I had a little trouble with it, but I used a batch image processor, and it worked like a charm. One thing I'd like to request is that you have the converter process the images with different threads so that it'll take advantage of dual and quad cores.
Lockblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #111
ndrake
ndrake began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
I've created a JE-Comics application bundle for Mac OS X users. I allows it to act a little more "Mac-like". Check it out here (if you are on a Mac):

http://www.slimeslurp.net/files/JEComics.dmg
ndrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #112
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
I love this program, I do however have a request. I have a 505 and I've noticed that there's a bit of a margin on the sides of the screen. Would it be possible to expand that out to the limits of the screen? Thanks in advance, I use linux and this is the easiest solution for me.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #113
Kirys
Zealot

On all margins? or just to left-right, or top-bottom margins?
Old 04-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #114
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
I have a 505 and I've noticed that there's a bit of a margin on the sides of the screen. Would it be possible to expand that out to the limits of the screen?
If there's only a margin on either the long or the short side but not both, I'd have assumed that filling the screen to remove that margin would result in the comic getting distorted. An undesired effect.
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #115
mysiar
mysiar began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Question

Kirys
first thanks a lot for so great application.
It does just take a minut to create PDF comics book for iLiad.

I have just one suggestion.
There is a full screen ipdf for iLiad - it would be great if JE-Comics Converter
have option to format book into full screen mode.
This would help a lot and image could be bigger.

Could you please consider it for the next release ?

Regards
Piotr
mysiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #116
Kirys
Zealot

Cool

I do plan to add support for iliad full screed and also for other reader but i need the effective usable resolution to implement that (I do not own a reader yet ).
Cya
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #117
mysiar
mysiar began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
I will check it and let you know
mysiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #118
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys View Post
On all margins? or just to left-right, or top-bottom margins?
Well, left to right. Every comic I've put on my 505 has a distinct gray space on the left and right, as if the image wasn't resized to the screen but just a bit short. It's noticeable when I'm viewing dark pages. I think it's just a width change.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #119
sealbeater
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cen View Post
If there's only a margin on either the long or the short side but not both, I'd have assumed that filling the screen to remove that margin would result in the comic getting distorted. An undesired effect.
No, it's both. In fact, I think it distorts the comic more to have empty space go underutilized. I'll take a pic so everyone can see what I'm talking about. This is for the PRS-505, not the Illiad, fyi.

Other than that tho, it's a great app, I love it. Just need a slight change on the 505 side.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #120
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys View Post
I do plan to add support for iliad full screed and also for other reader but i need the effective usable resolution to implement that (I do not own a reader yet ).
Cya
The effective usable resolution for full screen iLiad is 768x1024
A full screen option would definitely be muchly appreciated.

Thank you for making an awesome app!
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote