Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-25-2023, 03:57 PM   #1
DyckBook
Morlock
DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Qt WebEngine Render process crash

I'm receiving this error message in the edit of an EPUB in Calibre v6.17:

"The Qt WebEngine Render process has crashed so Preview/LiveCSS will not work. You should try restarting the editor."

This seems to be a problem only for one book and restarting the editor did not resolve the problem.

The preview pane reports "Loading preview, please wait."

LiveCSS reports: No style information found. Move the cursor inside an HTML tag, even though it is.

Are there any other trouble shooting steps I could try before throwing this edit away and starting again? I'm deep into this job, so I'd rather not start again.
DyckBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:15 PM   #2
DyckBook
Morlock
DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here's an update:

I followed David's suggestion and made some minor edits in Sigil. Then I switched back to the Calibre editor, but the problem persisted. However, being obstinate by nature, I turned the preview pane off and continued editing blindly. After a number of changes I saved the file and then took a peek at the preview and voila. The error message is gone. Thanks for your help David.

And to those of you who read my post and thought "Gee I hope he doesn't have to redo all that work." Thanks for your sentiments.
DyckBook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
livecss problems, preview problems, qt webengine