Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
bookiebabe
bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Zenpad
CC Error Connecting to Dropbox "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

Ok, so the friendly people here at mobileread helped me tie my CC app to my dropbox folder containing my Calibre library, and for a while, all was well.

However, recently, I'm getting the error "webpage not available....ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED" when I try to connect to Dropbox from Calibre Companion.

I can't figure out what changed... I certainly didn't alter anything with my dropbox account. And more importantly, I can't figure out where/how in CC to get it properly pointed to my dropbox folder, once again.

We've tried to troubleshoot the issue, and are just getting nowhere. I should say, books I had in CC are still showing, I'm just not able to get any of the new content I've loaded into Calibre/into Dropbox Calibre folder.

any ideas? As always, your help is greatly appreciated. ty!
bookiebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you send me a CC debug log I might be able to work out where things are going wrong. See How do I get help? in our FAQ for instructions.

It is possible that your device is confused about the internet name service (DNS). Try turning it all the way off (power off) then on. Verify that you can see an internet web page using the device's browser.

Another thing to try (if you haven't already) is to reset the cloud connection then try to connect again. Go do CC's Settings / Connecting to calibre / Cloud Connection and tap Reset cloud connection.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, cloud, companion, dropbox, upload