Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Normally I don't participate in pity parties, but....

I'm still blind in the left eye and it tires the right eye to read too long at a time. Bah! But, the surgery is next Tues on the 20th, and hopefully I'll be back to blissfully reading!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Dude... I am so the same way with banannas. You buy them a bit green, and the next day they are black. Gotta get some of those special green bags that absorb that gas... whatever that gas is.

BOb
Have you been eating a lot of beans recently?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Have you been eating a lot of beans recently?
Not that kind of gas. I'm talking about the ethelyene gas that fruits give off... it causes them to ripen/spoil... they have these green bags that absorb that gas so the ruit lasts longer. I think I'm gonna order some.

https://www.greenbags.com

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #19
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Normally I don't participate in pity parties, but....

I'm still blind in the left eye and it tires the right eye to read too long at a time. Bah! But, the surgery is next Tues on the 20th, and hopefully I'll be back to blissfully reading!
Practice being one-eyed. It's not philosophically satisfying, but it's momentarily entertaining and better than being slapped in the goolies with a dead platypus.

My best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #20
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
My best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.
Yeah, what he said.
Prayers too.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #21
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm recovered but I'm not sure from what. It must be a seasonal thing.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #22
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Ahh, well, see, to really get full benefit from a rant, ...........

......................harder than Paris Hilton in a post-game football locker room.

See, that's a rant. I feel somewhat better now.

Cheers,
Marc

Sorry , couldn't help it - your original was longer than War & Peace , so I've shortened it a little without losing any of the love / hate plot that you had interwoven in there ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #23
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I second Marc about Dymocks.
When they started selling ebooks I bought 2. They cost more than other stores. They took my money. They sent me emails with links to download my books. I tried. One link told me I couldn't prove I owned the book, the other said my computer was a security danger and I couldn't have the book. I haven't ever been able to logon to get to my bookshelf so I ended up getting the books free from Fictionwise with my micropay rebates.
No way am I going to risk $899 for an Iliad from them.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #24
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Human Resources.
How I loathe Human Resources departments. There was once a time when these people called themselves 'Personnel' and weren't so uppity. Occasionally they would give impartial advice. They were mostly truthful. How things change. Today the *******s will say anything that they hope they can get away with. Fortunately, I do not believe something merely because a person in a polyester suit says that it is so.

When they aren't practicing mendacity, or engaging in 'creative writing', these people organise courses in, among other things 'Managing Stress in the Workplace' (!!!!!) I am almost tempted to go along and heckle. Or perhaps I should try a conflict management course.

And the term is just plain wrong, anyway. I am not a resource. I am a person, not a photocopier. 'Human resources' sound like Cthulu's lunch, or the contents of Marc's unspeakable pockets.

(--Marc, remember the days when you would rhapsodise about pies. I like pies. Especially that memorable tarte aux poires.)

I hope this will be cathartic. But I doubt it. These people are worse than squirrels.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #25
RWood
Technogeezer

Now Patricia, just because the director of HR was offered honorary membership in a lawyers association does not make them a bad person. They were a bad person before then. Many people, myself included, feel that if an HR person started to sell used cars they would give the used car profession a bad name. To call them pond scum is to insult pond scum.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I hope this will be cathartic. But I doubt it. These people are worse than squirrels.
wow, strong words coming from patricia. you may remember that squirrels rocketed to fame as being previously the only creature known to elicit a shouted "f*ck off !"

i hope that was cathartic, patricia. that's what this thread is for. if you want, you can write "human ressources" on a pillow and give it a good kicking as well. alternately, ask Marc to send them (anonymously) the contents of his unspeakable pockets. that ought to do it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #27
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Yes, even Cthulu would spit them out because they do not have souls for him to eat.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #28
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Yes, even Cthulu would spit them out because they do not have souls for him to eat.
I would rather think that Cthulu (got it right this time by copy\pasting your spelling) would love the term "Human resources". After all a resource is a commodity to be consumed.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:38 AM   #29
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
We could send him a few of the HR beings themselves to see how they taste.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:08 AM   #30
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Human Resources.
How I loathe Human Resources departments.

These people are worse than squirrels.
What type?

Red, grey or black?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness