mohataj
mohataj began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Post Calibre send to device from readonly library

my setup:
calibredb and library on NAS
managed by calibreGUI on NAS
network access by BicBookStriim 1.4.1

Everything is working well, all devices can fetch single books and use multiple libraries by multiple BicBookStriim installations.
CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH cannot be used because BicBookStriim uses the calibredb on NAS.

Now it comes to series - I'd like to copy complete series to my device and rename the files by template {series_index:0>3s}. {series} - {title}.
My device recognizes the filename and sorts the series by number.

How can I use a calibre on my laptop to connect to the readonly share on NAS just to copy and rename the files to my device?
mohataj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
for the most part, NAS is unsupported. Add in Read Only and I am surprised any part worked.

Do read the FAQs
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:12 AM   #3
mohataj
mohataj began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
I know, NAS is not supported.
I need the "transfer to device" functionality of calibre to set filenames with series numbers.
Readonly is set, so the database is not changed - database is created with calibreGUI on the NAS.
The NAS is in the basement, so I have to go down to connect my reader.
mohataj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nas, rename, transfer