Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 01:32 PM   #106
BrentEubanks
BrentEubanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
I just installed version 0.015 and Windows Defender flagged it for Win32/Uwamson which is a malware/spamvertising trojan.

I have screenshots, but no easy way to post them. I'll email them to you if you want. Can you please explain this? I have uninstalled the plugin for now.
BrentEubanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:42 PM   #107
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
That's a false-positive in the executables needed for WINE usage (extract_win32.exe). You can delete that file from the archive if you want (it's only needed for Linux users), but there's nothing concerning in the plugin, especially not a trojan.

With the newest commit I tried to re-write parts of that executable to no longer trigger the Windows Defender, but some other Antivirus programs unfortunately still claim this executable to contain different viruses. Maybe because it tries to decrypt data (= the Adobe activation from ADE) from another program, which Windows programs usually don't do - I don't have any other idea.

If you want, you can download from the newest commit, that should no longer make Windows Defender complain.
Or take a look at the "main.c" file included with the plugin, that's the source code which has less than 200 lines and doesn't have anything malicious in it at all. Neither in 0.0.15, nor in the newest (fixed) commit, nor in any other previous version.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 01-07-2022 at 02:11 PM.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2022, 05:36 AM   #108
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
I created a log-file and will send you the pastbin link in a PM.

The shop is for a small B&M bookshop in Germany. They give access to an onlineshop that is kind of crude, but I got a ift card for it. The mentioned book was the first one I bought there.

I looked for a free book with DRM, but could not find one. I will see if further downloads are also affected. If yes, I might just buy a very cheap one and send you the link/acsm.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:53 AM   #109
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's probably not needed, thanks for the logfile. Should be fixed with the next version of the plugin.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:55 PM   #110
zoneparser
zoneparser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Great plug-in! How does the plugin behave with large files..

Thanks for this great work. Anything to prevent me from using ADE is gold

I was wondering if you are aware of the problem with ADE not being able to download large books (~ > 1 GB). I dont know if there is an exact number but it seems that books up to 970 MB have been fulfilled through ADE but not if greater than 1 GB.

I'm curious what the issue with these large files is and whether your plugin may be able to fix the hole. Happy to provide log / acsm's of such files for your testing purposing.
zoneparser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2022, 06:59 AM   #111
jebac
jebac began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi everyone,

tried to remove DRM from one of my books in calibre and I get the following error:
I authorised plugin anonymously just as instruction said and managed to remove ACSM and now I've got just a clear ePUB file. However, I still cannot convert it to PDF. Any ideas what did I do wrong?
I'm using a macOS Monterey, Calibre ver: 5.34

https://ibb.co/bgc1ydR

Best regards

Last edited by jebac; 01-15-2022 at 07:00 AM. Reason: picture is not displayed properly
jebac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:45 AM   #112
Leseratte_10
Groupie

If you get this error message while converting or opening an EPUB or PDF file, that means it was successfully converted from ACSM to EPUB/PDF, but the resulting EPUB/PDF file still contains DRM.

This plugin (ACSM Input) is just responsible for "converting" an ACSM file to EPUB or PDF. It doesn't do any DRM removal at all, that can be done with the DeDRM plugin.

Either you don't have the DeDRM plugin installed, or it is not set up correctly. If you're running DeDRM older than v10.0.2, you might have to manually export the account key from the ACSM Input plugin (click the "Export account encryption key" button in the settings) and then import it into the DeDRM plugin (Settings -> ADE ebooks -> Import existing keyfiles)

If that still doesn't help, you'll need to get support whereever you got the DeDRM plugin from, Mobileread doesn't allow giving detailed support / instructions for DRM removal.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 01-15-2022 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:25 AM   #113
jebac
jebac began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
If you get this error message while converting or opening an EPUB or PDF file, that means it was successfully converted from ACSM to EPUB/PDF, but the resulting EPUB/PDF file still contains DRM.

This plugin (ACSM Input) is just responsible for "converting" an ACSM file to EPUB or PDF. It doesn't do any DRM removal at all, that can be done with the DeDRM plugin.

Either you don't have the DeDRM plugin installed, or it is not set up correctly. If you're running DeDRM older than v10.0.2, you might have to manually export the account key from the ACSM Input plugin (click the "Export account encryption key" button in the settings) and then import it into the DeDRM plugin (Settings -> ADE ebooks -> Import existing keyfiles)

If that still doesn't help, you'll need to get support whereever you got the DeDRM plugin from, Mobileread doesn't allow giving detailed support / instructions for DRM removal.

OMG Thank you ever so much!!!! Finally made it and can view PDF normally.
Bought a book and had to go read it in browser because of DRM .
jebac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 03:05 PM   #114
zoneparser

Updates on large files

So I tried downloading a couple of titles that are large. One file at 600 MB downloaded fine, but two other titles that are around 1-1.1 GB did not. I monitored the traffic on the connection and they roughly corresponded to the file size, but in both cases eventually a 0 KB pdf was created and nothing mentioned in the log file.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:56 PM   #115
Leseratte_10
Groupie

I don't think the size is the issue, as multiple others have reported that large PDFs are working.

Are you on the 32-bit version of Calibre? If so, please try the 64-bit one.
What do you mean with "nothing mentioned in the log file"? Can you post a log here?
Old 01-15-2022, 05:31 PM   #116
zoneparser

I have tried with both Calibre Portable 5 and Calibre 5 64 bit. Still creating a 0KB pdf at the end of it.

relevant part of log below with decrypt key obfuscated
Spoiler:

DeDRM v10.0.2: Trying to decrypt 2pi340o8.pdf
DeDRM v10.0.2: 2pi340o8.pdf is a PDF ebook
DeDRM v10.0.2: Trying encryption key default_ade_key_uuid_DeACSM_uuid_382cc070-3504-45ac-a29a-f1902a21425b
DeDRM v10.0.2: Exception when decrypting after 0.1 seconds
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 636, in PDFDecrypt
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.ineptpdf", line 2322, in decryptBook
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.ineptpdf", line 2127, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.ineptpdf", line 1905, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.ineptpdf", line 1452, in set_parser
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.ineptpdf", line 2031, in read_xref
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.ineptpdf", line 1988, in find_xref
calibre_plugins.dedrm.ineptpdf.PDFNoValidXRef: Unexpected EOF
DeDRM v10.0.2: Failed to decrypt with key default_ade_key_uuid_DeACSM_uuid_382cc070-3504-45ac-a29a-f1902a21425b after 0.1 seconds
DeDRM v10.0.2: Trying encryption key default_key
DeDRM v10.0.2: Exception when decrypting after 0.1 seconds
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 636, in PDFDecrypt
DeDRM v10.0.2: Failed to decrypt with key default_key after 0.1 seconds
DeDRM v10.0.2: Looking for new default Adobe Digital Editions Keys after 0.1 seconds
Found 1 keys
DeDRM v10.0.2: Trying a new default key
DeDRM v10.0.2: Exception when decrypting after 0.9 seconds
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 712, in PDFDecrypt
DeDRM v10.0.2: Failed to decrypt with new default key after 0.9 seconds
DeDRM v10.0.2: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 0.9 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
DeACSM v0.0.15: Running file type plugin failed with traceback:

Last edited by theducks; 01-15-2022 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spoilered
Old 01-16-2022, 02:41 AM   #117
Leseratte_10
Groupie

This is a log file of the DRM removal attempt, not a log of the import through my plugin.

If my plugin (the ACSM Input plugin) already creates a 0kb file and that's not caused by a bug in the DeDRM plugin, I need a log file of the actual import (when you add the ACSM to Calibre). Ideally with the "Enable verbose debug logging" option enabled.
I would recommend sending that log in a private message and not posting it here in public as the verbose logs might contain keys or other sensitive stuff.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:23 AM   #118
zoneparser

Large file update

I realized too that the log file did not have anything relevant, but that is all there is apart from startup info no matter how many times I tried. In fact, if deDRM plugin is disabled there is absolutely nothing other than the mention of file being added to db.

Anyway, I wasnt aware of verbose debug; I've now generated a new log. To be sure, this log was generated after turning on verbose debug and adding 1 acsm file to calibre and then exiting.

Nothing verbose in the log as you can see; just the last two lines of any use at all. Wonder if I'm doing anything wrong.

Spoiler:

Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 5.0 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 15) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 46, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 46, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 46, 0) && KFX Input (1, 46, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1)
calibre 5.0 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 15) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 46, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 46, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 46, 0) && KFX Input (1, 46, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 2.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 78.9126213592233 x 78.82758620689654
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.94] splash screen shown
[0.94] Initializing db...
[1.03] db initialized
[1.03] Constructing main UI...
[2.80] main UI initialized...
[2.80] Hiding splash screen
Starting QuickView
[20.14] splash screen hidden
[20.14] Started up in 20.14 seconds with 540 books
Added LeeMandrell 2018 Illinois (2) to db in: 0.3
Added 1 books in 660.1 seconds

In one attempt I got a lengthier log with sensitive info. In that attempt no pdf files was created, just an acsm was added to library. But after searching for really long, I have not figured out how to PM you. Perhaps those privileges have not been activated yet because I have only made 3 posts so far. I thought I could try to message you on git but there is no PM there either!
@Mods: is there any way my PM privileges can be turned on so I can send more sensitive material discreetly?

Thanks for your patience!
zp
Old 01-16-2022, 11:21 AM   #119
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneparser View Post
@Mods: is there any way my PM privileges can be turned on so I can send more sensitive material discreetly?

Thanks for your patience!
zp
See this thread and post in it. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:12 AM   #120
zoneparser

Just a follow-up that I'm waiting get PM privileges after which I plan to send a few logs.

Dont know whether and when it will happen!

zp