Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-07-2021, 04:52 AM   #76
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
I took a look at the MacOS versions of ADE over the last couple days, and I don't think it's worth it to try to emulate a MacOS ADE as well. If it was similar to how it works on Windows, I would have just made the plugin emulate a MacOS ADE when importing an authorization on MacOS, and a Windows ADE otherwise, but the MacOS versions send way more information (exact ADE build version, exact MacOS version, ...) to the servers, and they also do it in a different way than Windows.

So without me having access to a Mac, and analyzing all the available ADE versions, I doubt I could get the communication by the plugin to look 100% exactly like ADE on MacOS - so "switching" a MacOS authorization to Windows by importing it into the plugin probably has a way lower chance of Adobe detecting this than me trying to botch emulation of the MacOS ADE requests.

It's probably fine either way, but if you want to decrease the chances of Adobe detecting that you're using this plugin, don't import an authorization on MacOS.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #77
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
It's probably fine either way, but if you want to decrease the chances of Adobe detecting that you're using this plugin, don't import an authorization on MacOS.
One friend of mine has been switching between MacOS X and Windows and various flavours of ADE on his Macs for years and never had any issues with Adobe over doing so.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2021, 01:17 AM   #78
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
I took a look at the MacOS versions of ADE over the last couple days, and I don't think it's worth it to try to emulate a MacOS ADE as well ...
Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean for you to expend effort on this.

I am pleased that the DeACSM plugin emulates ADE on Windows, and does so seamlessly when linking an Adobe ID through the plugin (rather than importing a Mac authorization). This makes it possible to run ADE 2.0.1 on macOS Catalina and newer without making Adobe wonder, "hmmm ... how is this Catalina Mac running 32-bit ADE 2.0.1 when Catalina (and higher) can only run 64-bit apps? "

Thanks again Leseratte_10
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:07 PM   #79
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One friend of mine has been switching between MacOS X and Windows and various flavours of ADE on his Macs for years and never had any issues with Adobe over doing so.
Yeah, but doing that "the official way" he has two different activations connected to his AdobeID. One activation created by Windows (which is shared by all different ADE versions in Windows) and one activation created by MacOS (which is shared by all different ADE versions in MacOS). To Adobe this looks like two different computers, even if it's the same machine.

By using the plugin on a Mac, importing an existing authorization from MacOS ADE, this one single activation will change between Windows and MacOS all the time (if you keep using ADE), which normally isn't possible as switching OSes would mean using another authorization. This means Adobe could detect that your single authorization is switching OSes and then determine that you're doing something weird. Whether they would ban people for that - no idea.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 12-08-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:12 PM   #80
JJTech
Nerd
JJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Basic 3 (2019)
RMSDK source

Not sure if I should post this here, but the full source of RMSDK 9.0 (B&N edition) appears to be published here: [Link Redacted.]
Perhaps that will help you?
I'm really not sure what that website is for, it appears to have development versions of the B&N reader app for multiple platforms...

Last edited by issybird; 12-09-2021 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Link redacted per OP request.
JJTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #81
Leseratte_10
Groupie

I'm sure this would be interesting, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to take a look at this. A full copy of the RMSDK source on some random webserver doesn't look like it's deliberately been published by Adobe, and I'm definitely not interested in a lawsuit against Adobe if they start claiming my plugin would be based on confidential RMSDK code.

The best way to prevent that is to not even take a look at leaks like these. Looking at original source code while reverse-engineering something is usually a bad idea. Just like WINE devs are forbidden from looking at Windows source code. Also, given how well this plugin is already working, I don't think there would even be lots of useful information in that SDK anyways.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #82
JJTech
Nerd
JJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueJJTech can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Basic 3 (2019)
Quote:
I'm sure this would be interesting, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to take a look at this. A full copy of the RMSDK source on some random webserver doesn't look like it's deliberately been published by Adobe, and I'm definitely not interested in a lawsuit against Adobe if they start claiming my plugin would be based on confidential RMSDK code.

The best way to prevent that is to not even take a look at leaks like these. Looking at original source code while reverse-engineering something is usually a bad idea. Just like WINE devs are forbidden from looking at Windows source code. Also, given how well this plugin is already working, I don't think there would even be lots of useful information in that SDK anyways.
Yeah, I agree with you. I haven’t looked at it myself, just found it buried in a Google search and my first instinct is was to post it here. I’ve reported the post and and asked for the link to be redacted. I just mitmed ADE and got the info I wanted anyway. I think I’ve almost got my rust version working
JJTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:40 AM   #83
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
This plugin works great!

Would it be possible to have an option that the .acsm-file gets deleted (if no errors from Calibre)?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:24 AM   #84
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Would it be possible to have an option that the .acsm-file gets deleted (if no errors from Calibre)?
I can try to add that. I just need to check if I can do that without any risk of data loss - meaning, I need to be 100% sure that the book import was successful and an EPUB or PDF will be added to the Calibre database, even if any other plugins that might run after mine will return errors (most common case probably being the DeDRM plugin). If I can ensure that, then I should be able to make that an optional feature that's disabled by default, yeah.

On the other hand, even if you'd lose an ACSM file by accident you'll probably be able to redownload it in most cases anyways.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:44 AM   #85
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Just published v0.0.14 with all the changes from the 0.0.13 beta versions, plus an optional setting to auto-delete ACSM files after import.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #86
dewd
Enthusiast
dewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: none
I've followed the instructions from the first post and this works perfectly on sample books downloaded from Adobe, but it's not working on acsm files obtained elsewhere - adding the file to calibre simply adds the acsm.

Have tried using the 2.0.1 and 3.0.1 versions.
I do have ADE installed but it's registered to a different account than the one I'm using for this plugin.
Running Calibre 5.17.0 on MacOs Catalina
dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #87
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Please post a log file so I can check why that happens. In Calibre, click on the arrow next to "Preferences", then select "Restart in debug mode".
Once Calibre has restarted, add the ACSM again and then close Calibre. A couple seconds later a log file should open - please post that here so I can take a look.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #88
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewd View Post
snip
I do have ADE installed but it's registered to a different account than the one I'm using for this plugin.
Running Calibre 5.17.0 on MacOs Catalina
This is why it is not working, all of your old books are tired to that account.

https://www.adobe.com/solutions/eboo...tions/faq.html

Quote:
Can I transfer eBooks that I have already purchased or downloaded to another computer?

If you activate your computer with Digital Editions anonymously, all the purchased or borrowed books afterwards belong to that computer.
If you activate your computer with Digital Editions with an ID, all the purchased or borrowed books afterwards belong to that ID.
The books downloaded before activation will not be converted.
Books can be copied from one device to another device. If two devices are activated with the same ID, purchased books can be opened on the other device. If the other device is not activated or if it is activated with another ID, a pop up window will appear to ask for ID when opening the purchased books. Borrowed books cannot be opened on another computer regardless its activation status. It is because that the loan token is not copied.
Borrowed books and their loan tokens will be copied when transfer (not copy, this is an ADE feature) them between computer and device (e-reader).
If the permission limits the books to be viewed on only one device, the copied books will not be able to be opened.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #89
Leseratte_10
Groupie

That could explain the issue, yeah, if you are trying to download ACSM files for books you've already bought (and used) in the past.

Are the ACSM files you tested from books you bought in the past and already added to ADE? Then gbm is correct and that would be the explaination as for why it doesn't work.

Or are you testing with a freshly bought book that you haven't linked to your other AdobeID / ADE install yet, and it still doesn't work?
Old 12-11-2021, 09:55 AM   #90
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Just published v0.0.14 with all the changes from the 0.0.13 beta versions, plus an optional setting to auto-delete ACSM files after import.
Thank you!
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote