Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 03:01 PM   #181
Cronotokyo
Cronotokyo began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Diva HD, Kobo sage
Will this update be released soon? I'm waiting after the fix to reinstall Linux, thanks
Cronotokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 12:29 AM   #182
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
There's already a beta update in the 2nd post of this thread that will work on Ubuntu 22.04 and similar distributions. I plan to wait with the actual release until my patch is merged into the oscrypto library.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #183
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Tried the beta under Fedora 36, with an Adobe ID connected, and the EPUB was successfully downloaded. Good work.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:46 PM   #184
Cronotokyo
Cronotokyo began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Diva HD, Kobo sage
I tested the beta today with Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon Edge and it works great!
Cronotokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #185
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Beta 0.15 working well on ChromeOS beta 103
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #186
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I have just installed the 0.0.15 plugin in Calibre 5.43 here on my linux mint 20.3 x64 laptop. I have occasional need to retrieve ACSM files which to this point I have been handling with ADE 2.x in a W7 virtualbox.

I would like to use the plugin to eliminate my need to run ADE 2.x in the virtualbox. I do NOT have Calibre installed in the w7 virtualbox.

How can I retrieve the information from ADE 2.x in the w7 virtualbox required to activate the plugin? Is there a script or procedure in the plugin.zip that I can run there to extract the information? Is there a way to have ADE 2.x export the information?

I rarely use ADE and thus my familiarity with it and the associated account is limited and given our recent move any documentation is likely lost.

Dave

Last edited by dhdurgee; 05-30-2022 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:07 PM   #187
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I know you can backup a copy of the ADE key from the Windows Registry by doing the following:
  • Close all applications.
  • Choose Start > Run.
  • In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  • In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  • Select the Adept key.
  • Choose File > Export.
  • In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
The problem is getting the key into a form Calibre can use. I was in a similar boat just a bit ago and ended up having to install Calibre, this plugin and DeDRM in the VM along with ADE. From there, I imported the key in both this plugin and in DeDRM and exported the key (as a .DER, I believe) from each plugin for safekeeping. That key is what I imported into plugins on my Linux version of Calibre.

I haven't run across any way to convert that ADE Registry key to a usable .DER file. The only use I've had for it has been re-importing it back into a new computer's Registry so I didn't use up my activations.
enuddleyarbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:35 PM   #188
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
I know you can backup a copy of the ADE key from the Windows Registry by doing the following:
  • Close all applications.
  • Choose Start > Run.
  • In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  • In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  • Select the Adept key.
  • Choose File > Export.
  • In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
The problem is getting the key into a form Calibre can use. I was in a similar boat just a bit ago and ended up having to install Calibre, this plugin and DeDRM in the VM along with ADE. From there, I imported the key in both this plugin and in DeDRM and exported the key (as a .DER, I believe) from each plugin for safekeeping. That key is what I imported into plugins on my Linux version of Calibre.

I haven't run across any way to convert that ADE Registry key to a usable .DER file. The only use I've had for it has been re-importing it back into a new computer's Registry so I didn't use up my activations.
I have the DeDRM plugin installed and working. Can I simply export the key from there as a .DER file and import it into this plugin? If so, which choice would accept the .DER file?

Dave
Old 05-30-2022, 09:01 PM   #189
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'd guess that would work. I know both DeDRM and DeACSM will export those .DER files and they look identical to me. The trouble is that since my DeACSM is already using a key, I can't see what the original, unauthorized options look like.

Looking at:

https://github.com/Leseratte10/acsm-calibre-plugin

I don't see anything that looks like it accepts the .DER file. And, that's odd since it will export one.

Also, on that page, there's the following:

Quote:
get_key_from_Adobe.py (included in the plugin's zip file) can be used to contact the Adobe server and download the DER key file for a given AdobeID to import into a DeDRM plugin. Just input your credentials and this script will output the DER file that can be used with DeDRM to decrypt books for this AdobeID. This works independantly from the account activation files or from this plugin, so it's a good way to get your AdobeID decryption key, especially if you're on Linux and it's too difficult to export the keys from ADE running inside Wine. This process does not use up one of your six device activations.
Though, generally it's recommended to use the Calibre plugin instead of these standalone scripts. Except for maybe the get_key_from_Adobe.py script if you want to remove DRM from existing eBooks without having to extract the key from ADE.
So, there ought to be a way to import that .DER file.
enuddleyarbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:30 PM   #190
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The easiest way to get your Windows 7 Virtual Box ADE activation into Calibre would be to install Calibre in the Virtual Box (or just run the portable version) with the plugin, import from ADE, then export as a ZIP file which you can then copy out of the VM.

The registry entry is not all that's needed, it can only be used on the same computer it came from. On other computers it's useless.

Also, the DER file is just the book encryption key, it doesn't contain any account metadata, so you can use a DER file for DRM removal but you cannot turn a DER file into an ADE authorization, neither for ADE nor for this plugin.

There is no way to import a DER file into the ACSM input plugin. If you want to keep an account backup, take the ZIP file export, not the DER file.

The script to turn Adobe login credentials (username & password) into a DER file is intended to be used if you have a "locked" AdobeID (where all the authorizations are used up) so you can't do a normal authorization but you still need to grab your account key for DRM purposes.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-31-2022 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:42 PM   #191
dhdurgee
Guru

OK, per your response I need to install Calibre and your plugin in my virtualbox. This is a w7 virtualbox, which from what I see on the downloads page requires the 3.48 version of Calibre. Will your plugin work with that version?

Dave

PS: I just found what turned out to be my Adobe login credentials and used your option to use them to activate the plug-in. It appears to have worked and I have backed them up using your option to do so as well.

Last edited by dhdurgee; 05-31-2022 at 06:55 PM. Reason: add post-script
Old 06-04-2022, 01:34 PM   #192
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: Is the only way to access the 'show loaned books' dialog to go through Preferences > Plugins > Customize Plugin? I was looking for a menu option but couldn't find one.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 02:41 PM   #193
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Yes, that's the only way.

A File Type plugin like the ACSM plugin (to add import support for the *.acsm file format) cannot have any menu buttons or context menu entries or stuff like that, the only places it can "do something" (gets executed) is A) when importing an ACSM file or B) when clicking the "Customize Plugin" button.

I believe it's theoretically possible to bundle two different plugins in one plugin ZIP file, with the 2nd plugin's only purpose being to add a button that triggers the 1st plugin's "show loaned books" dialog, but I haven't added that yet as it complicates the plugin code quite a bit and I don't really think it's worth the effort.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:34 PM   #194
dhdurgee
Guru

Has this plugin been tested with Calibre 6? I am waiting on updating from 5.44 until all my plugins are know to be working with it.

Dave
Old 07-14-2022, 06:01 PM   #195
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Has this plugin been tested with Calibre 6? I am waiting on updating from 5.44 until all my plugins are know to be working with it.

Dave
I've been using it without issue on Windows 10. If you're on Mac you'll want the DeDRM update first to avoid crashes/errors.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-14-2022 at 06:09 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote