Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-17-2021, 04:08 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
So, I think my arithmetic’s right on this.

There’s an offer for 500 bonus points for spending $25 in the period from July 15 - 22, which means you get 625 points in total (assuming the minimum purchase). Adding in the signup bonus of 100 points brings it to 725 points, or $15 away from rounding up to 800 points, or $8 in credit.

This amounts to a 16.67% discount on an outlay of $48, (the $40 spent to get 800 points, plus an $8 purchase). Obviously the discount is best the closest you can keep it to $8, and does that earn you another 40 points? I haven’t read the fine print to see if they address that issue. And I’d assume there will be a few more promotions, although of course they always involve spending more money to save money.

Overall, not too shabby if you’re fond of Big Five books and/or you’d have been buying books anyway.

Last edited by issybird; 07-17-2021 at 04:11 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:21 PM   #17
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My offer was "spend $15, get 350 points". I almost feel cheated.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2021, 07:10 AM   #18
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
The grass is always greener! I wish I had your offer; you get more bonus points per dollar and have to spend less to earn them.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 03:49 PM   #19
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I got the same deal and am llama-glad, since I'd prefer not to spend more than $15.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:47 AM   #20
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Mine is the spend $25.00 on e-books between July 15 and 22 to get a bonus of 500 points.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2021, 12:34 PM   #21
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I got an e-mail offer of 250 bonus points to follow an author.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #22
vivafriend5
vivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle
I got the 500 bonus points for spending $25 offer. I spent the amount on the eighteenth and never got the points. Hope Amazon comes through.

Edit: Got my points later in the night.

Last edited by vivafriend5; 07-21-2021 at 03:57 AM.
vivafriend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:12 PM   #23
matthewsalibi
matthewsalibi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafriend5 View Post
I got the 500 bonus points for spending $25 offer. I spent the amount on the eighteenth and never got the points. Hope Amazon comes through.

Hey! Registered for this site just to reply to this -- was Googling because none of my bonus points have posted at all. I described it on this Reddit thread and within like 30 min, 3 other people have said "me too."

Sure seems like a bug... how do we get Amazon to fix it, I wonder??
matthewsalibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:40 AM   #24
vivafriend5
vivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsalibi View Post
Hey! Registered for this site just to reply to this -- was Googling because none of my bonus points have posted at all. I described it on this Reddit thread and within like 30 min, 3 other people have said "me too."

Sure seems like a bug... how do we get Amazon to fix it, I wonder??
I think it takes 48 full hours once the payment is processed. It is a loophole to prevent exploitation more than likely.
vivafriend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:32 PM   #25
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I got an e-mail offer of 250 bonus points to follow an author.
That's an easy one. No such dice for me, just double-checked.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:39 PM   #26
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
300 points for borrowing a book from Prime Reads.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:57 PM   #27
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
300 points for borrowing a book from Prime Reads.
I have this offer shown on my rewards page, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to redeem it--I'm on a KU trial, and everything that is in Prime Reads is ALSO in KU. I even tried borrowing the max from KU, to see if that would let me borrow from Prime Reads, but it didn't work.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:02 PM   #28
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My bonus points took almost 3 days to post. I now have almost 800 points.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:08 PM   #29
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I have this offer shown on my rewards page, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to redeem it--I'm on a KU trial, and everything that is in Prime Reads is ALSO in KU. I even tried borrowing the max from KU, to see if that would let me borrow from Prime Reads, but it didn't work.
Yes,it was on the summer rewards page and there was a browse button. As slow as the points are now being posted, It hasn’t actually made it to my total. I am not really sure at this point what has been included.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:47 PM   #30
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Yes,it was on the summer rewards page and there was a browse button. As slow as the points are now being posted, It hasn’t actually made it to my total. I am not really sure at this point what has been included.
I'm not talking about when the points are posted, though; I'm saying that because all Prime Reading books are part of KU, everything I borrowed shows up as part of my KU allotment. I borrowed 10 (maximum) KU titles, thinking that perhaps then I could borrow something through Prime Reading and get the bonus points. But I can't; I get the notice that I reached my KU limit and need to return a book.

So there is apparently no way for a KU member to get take advantage of the Prime Reading points offer.