Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
text confusion

I have a Kindle Oasis 1. I have experienced a problem where I am reading a book, I page turn and start to read he new page then discover part of the way through that I am reading a paragraph that I had read previously, I think usually from the previous page.
The first time this happened I though by book file was damaged but learned that if I change the font size it corrects itself and all is well. This has happened really only about two or three times and with different books. It is not a major issue since changing font size (and I can then change it back) seems to resolve the problem. It is mostly a annoyance the couple of times it has happened.

I am curious if anyone experienced something similar with any of their Kindle devices?
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Sounds like the kind of weirdness that a reboot can clear up. Press and hold the power button for a full 30 seconds, ignoring any screen prompts. Then set it down and wait as it reboots.

I seem to remember my first Paperwhite doing odd things like that at times. A reboot clears out the cobwebs.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
I have a Kindle Oasis 1. I have experienced a problem where I am reading a book, I page turn and start to read he new page then discover part of the way through that I am reading a paragraph that I had read previously, I think usually from the previous page ...
What firmware version are you on?

I haven't seen this particular bug, but I started experiencing a "missing text bug" starting with 5.8.5.0.2 where the screen would show only the top half of the page with the bottom half blank. Going forward one screen then back again would restore the full page.

The bug finally went away with 5.8.11. If you're on a firmware earlier than 5.8.11 maybe try updating?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
What firmware version are you on?

I haven't seen this particular bug, but I started experiencing a "missing text bug" starting with 5.8.5.0.2 where the screen would show only the top half of the page with the bottom half blank. Going forward one screen then back again would restore the full page.

The bug finally went away with 5.8.11. If you're on a firmware earlier than 5.8.11 maybe try updating?
I think I am on the latest version, 5.9.2.0.1
Has not happened since post, but keeping out of for it.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote