Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
enidad2
enidad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 & Kindle fire
Duplicate IDs in Calibre

When rebuilding Calibre library, it detected that several books had the same IDs. The first one was added and the others ignored. This was caused by incorrect merging of libraries - copied library folders into Calibre and ran rebuild. Now I have a mess.
Tried exporting the books so I could then clear the library and reimport, but there is no individual book option. Exporting the entire library gives 2 large files that I'm afraid to modify.

I can always just copy each book from its folder, but would lose the metadata.

Is there a renumbering tool that could be run against the books and then rebuild the library or (even better) a resequence option during rebuild?

Thanks,
enidad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click the add books button choose add books recursively, one per folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 12:25 AM   #3
enidad2
enidad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 & Kindle fire
Thank you. It took care of the problem.

You might want to include this process in the documentation -- the manual or FAQ.

It still gave me a large number of duplicates (61 out of 650), but no duplicate IDs. It was a simple thing of manually looking and removing the obsolete one. Most of the time it was just a reformatted author or slight different in the metadata.
enidad2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, library maintenance