Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 01:04 AM   #1
vertebre
vertebre began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Coverbooks not showing up

A lot of my doc sent via «*sent to kindle- app*» ,show up with no cover on my kindlepaperwhite but all the covers show up on my kindle apple app. Why?:
vertebre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
jdpinto
jdpinto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I'm having the same problem, except on my iOS devices. Covers sometimes show up, sometimes not, on my iPhone and iPad Kindle apps. I know this bug has been brought up before, but is there simply no solution? I've read previous posts about this but have yet to find any solution at all.
jdpinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
The problem is actually well-known and results from a bug in the KF8 portion of the firmware. It is not capable of properly extracting thumbnails from the book files. The reason why you see some of the covers is because some mobis, even though they may contain a KF8 portion, download as oldschool mobis. You will find that there is a correlation between you being able to use some of the later additions to the feature set like hyphenation and font bolding and missing covers. Those books whose covers are missing will be more feature rich
There is of course the second possibility that your downloads haven't been properly processed. This can more reliably be resolved by doing a factory reset of the device and extra care (only a few books at a time) when downloading again.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 PM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I have the issue whenever I reset my kindle. I find 2 things work. wait a while before beginning downloading your books for sometimes they will reappear. Go to list view then toggle back to grid view and the thumbnail covers seem to reappear most of the time
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote