Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
MacDonald, George: Lilith. v1. 20 May 07

Done with loving attention...I went over all the "bad" and "broken" ends that BD could locate. Visually joined paragraphs that Word hadn't fixed. Went over every page, but I KNOW I PROBABLY MISSED SOMETHING, so please let me know if something is wrong.

Here's a small excerpt from the book:

“Of course not!” he returned; “all the doors you had yet seen-and you haven’t seen many-were doors in; here you came upon a door out! The strange thing to you,” he went on thoughtfully, “will be, that the more doors you go out of, the farther you get in!"

"How am I to begin that where everything is so strange?”

A great fantasy novel.

I hope you enjoy it.
Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Lilith.lrf (369.8 KB, 1724 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Prefix
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I love Macdonald.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
good stuff. my ex turned me on to macdonald. she's gone, the books are still here.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
jmorton
Connoisseur
jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
MacDonald was way ahead of the curve with his talk of multiple dimensions and parallel universes. This book deserves far more attention than it has received. I'm not surprised to learn that MacDonald and Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) were friends. Their stories has some similar characteristics in their use of word play and logical conundrums.
jmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
My favorite of his by far is Phantastes. C.S. Lewis said Phantastes was the book that 'baptised his imagination' and led to his spiritual awakening. He claimed that he never once wrote a book without quoting G. Macdonald somewhere in it.

I highly recommend Phantastes.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=Phantastes
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
I like What's Mine's Mine, Thomas Wingfold, and Sir Gibbie.
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
Im at chapter 7 .
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote