Notices

Old Today, 01:22 AM   #16
svosg13
Enthusiast
svosg13 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1, DPT-S1, DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtrans View Post
I Appreciate the link, didn't know about a mid-April embargo.
Hoping and wishing that the new model will be more open in it's architecture.

I don't think so, it's just another mini version of the RP1. It's unfortunate that Sony's hard headed mindset is an opportunity for the Chinese hackers to earn cheap and easy money. From the taobao list, the customer has to pay more or less $500 bucks for the crack service. And they have already done for hundreds of devices....
svosg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:18 AM   #17
allochi
Connoisseur
allochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura
The problem with the Sony DP series is not running open Android, cause this is not what they advertise the device to be, you have to give them the right to design the device the way they see fit to their business model, then buy it or not.

The problem is, if you advertise that the device is a PDF reader, then fully support PDF, it's not the case in Sony (I own DPT-S1), and it got even worse with the DPT-RP1, compared to Onyx for example which allow you to trim the margins and, save the zoom settings and more, the sony reader PDF experience just leave you in need for more.

I'm looking at the end of my DPT-S1 use, since it started to run out of battery fast and 150 DPI is not sharp enough for me, I still think the Sony devices are good, but I don't think I will go Sony this time, I'm done cropping and styling PDF on my computer to make them look readable on the Sony (ok, I had to rant a little, sorry)
allochi is offline   Reply With Quote