Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
Debian calibre 2.55 install fails

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=827922

I know - the problem probably lies elsewhere. For me, it does not affect debian systems in testing and sid. It does cause a seg fault for new installs in debian testing.

I am looking forward to 2.60
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That error appears to be when loading calibre's binary plugins (specifically "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/plugins/icu.so").

FWIW, calibre works fine for me on Arch Linux. (My own build, since the distro build removes bundled modules that should not be unbundled. So does Debian, by the way -- you might prefer the binary build on the calibre website. Which happens to work fine also.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote