Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
Talking Grichel Nook cover

I found an impressive (but macabre) cover for my Nook.

My Nook has a Industriell Cover. Its useful feature is that it clips onto the Nook in the upper and lower left corners. It does not attach on the right side at all.

The Grichels make bizarre leather goods with faces on them.
http://www.grichels.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/grichels
They were at a local Craft Faire I attended. I discovered that their Small Journal/Sketchbook fits perfectly over the Industriell cover.

Now, this is not cheap. The Industriell is about $30, and the Grichel cover is about $85. But my Nook looks incredible!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grichel01.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	57360   Click image for larger version

Name:	grichel02.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	57361   Click image for larger version

Name:	grichel03.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	57362   Click image for larger version

Name:	grichel04.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	57363  
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
Haha that's awesome!! I immediately thought of the Monster Book of Monsters from Harry Potter. I really need a new cover for mine; I got one of the crappy B&N ones when I first got my nook and now it's looking very forlorn indeed. I think I'm gonna spring for an Oberon cover soon.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
morari
The Word-Eater
morari began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Hm... We're getting closer to me having a Necronomicon cover!
morari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Very cool cover. Love it.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
That's an awesome looking cover!! I could only afford a foux leather one from BundleMonster, 26.99 after shipping for the cover, a skin, and a screen protector. LOL, I hope to get something that cool around X-mas time!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Somebody told me the cover looks like the book in some movie called "Evil Dead".
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
That thing is wild.

Is it me or does it seem the Nook has the overall top to bottom best accesories.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
morari
The Word-Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
Somebody told me the cover looks like the book in some movie called "Evil Dead".
Yep. The Necronomicon. It's a great film trilogy, if you're into goofy horror with some slapstick thrown in.

Of course, the idea of the Necronomicon is taken from the wonderful works of H.P. Lovecraft. He never writes of the book as it is envisioned in The Evil Dead, but then again, the visual design of the book changes between each film in the trilogy anyway.

If you're interested in the origins, almost all of Lovecraft's work is in the public domain now. A quick search will yield plenty of sources, which can easily be converted over to view on your Nook. A lot of his earlier tales are reminiscent of Edgar Allan Poe, while his later works blossom into an almost sci-fi like genre of horror.

Highly recommended!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
nyrath
Addict

Ah, the Necronomicon. Yes, I'm a big Lovecraft fan.

Have you seen this website?
http://www.miskatonic.net/pickman/mythos/tome.htm
http://www.miskatonic.net/pickman/mythos/covers.html
Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
morari
The Word-Eater

I have Propping Up the Mythos bookmarked from a long time ago. Believe it or not, I've used their suggestions to make my own bottled Deep One!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
nyrath
Addict

And don't forget Proponomicon
http://propnomicon.blogspot.com/
especially
http://propnomicon.blogspot.com/sear...20Necronomicon
Old 09-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
morari
The Word-Eater

That is particularly nice looking!

While not specifically related to the Necronomicon, the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society has quite a lot of props available to download and even purchase. Plus, their film version of the Call of Cthulhu is by far one of the best attempts I've seen to adapt Lovecraft to the silver screen.